• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Adjustment screw on the TB. It adjusts the throttle butterfly. I had no idea it had one but it does. I pulled the TB off again and took a 2.5 MM allen wrench and turned it one revolution and put the TB back on and voila. Can you say DOH!!!!!!

Apparently over the years and mileage it had wore a little groove in the throttle lever and it allowed the butterfly to close too much. Who knew??

Now that's something I never would have guessed on a late model. Glad it's finally fixed!!!

Officially went on vacation at 5:30. Car is cleaned up (which means it WILL rain at some point tonight) and bags are almost packed. Week at the beach begins tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to a week of relaxing and not stressing over work!

I retired the Cherokee for a ford ranger. Well see how long this lasts...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I retired the Cherokee for a ford ranger. Well see how long this lasts...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It really depends on what year it is. Personally, I've had 6 rangers and I can't stand them. The 4.0 V6 sucks! Keep the oil changed or it'll sludge up quick. The only one I had any luck out of was a 93 model 4x4. 2.3 4 banger.

Added a main leaf from an xj spring pack trying to raise the rear end up level with the front.

I've had 6 rangers and I can't stand them.

Just curious, but if you can't stand them, why did you buy 6 of them??

As for me, I spent another 2 hours fighting with an axle I am more and more convinced is bent. I still can't get the axle shaft to seat into the carrier.

It really depends on what year it is. Personally, I've had 6 rangers and I can't stand them. The 4.0 V6 sucks! Keep the oil changed or it'll sludge up quick. The only one I had any luck out of was a 93 model 4x4. 2.3 4 banger.

I had a 93 3.0 and loved it.

I actually got the factory spare donut remounted in the wifes DD. She was tired of having a full sized spare taking up all the grocery room. It took a trip to the PAP to find the parts I needed to get it mounted, you know, the parts that get thrown out as soon as larger tires go on...

I have 2 sets of stock spares and all the parts sitting in the shop... ya could have had both when you were there. Lol That's the first thing that comes out when I buy them!

went and got another welder. got a new hobart 187. my old one is older then me lol. (dang kid) hahaha my old welder is snap on mrw xxx dont remember the numbers

i have driven 2 rangers and loved them! one was my stepdads 4.0 ranger and the other was marks old 3.0..... wish i had the money to have been able to keep the ranger and go buy a fullsize but i needed a towrig more than 2 trucks at the time. My only beef with the 4.0's is the v8-esque gas mileage, they make good power though

I must have just had really bad luck with them. There was always something wrong with them.

Ya ever had the belt tensioner fall off in a parking lot? I had 2 of them do that without warning.

I had one 4.0 sludge up so bad I had to rebuild it. Changed the oil every 3k and everything.

I've replaced the fuel pump in almost everyone I've had.

The only one I've owned that really had any power was a 90 model with a 2.9 5 speed. They always seems to have sooo much more power with the manual.

A buddy of mine used to have a 93 4.0 with a 5 speed and never had trouble out of it...

Who knows. I guess it's just hit and miss. I've always missed. No more Rangers for me.

I've had the same luck with mid 90s model F-150s. Had 2 of those. 93 and a 97.

The 93 skipped and miss horribly and got 5 mpg on a good day. Never could figure out what was wrong with that one.

The 97 has been in the shop at least 10 times trying to diagnose the same issue. I believe it is directly related to the cheesy coil packs that those came with.

Still haven't figured out why my pax side front axle shaft won't seat into the carrier. Looking more and more to me like a bent axle.

Changed the shocks on the WJ. Got to the pax rear and the lower mount was bent to where I barely got the bolt out and then it wouldn't go back in. The WJ nuts are welded to the bracket. Bend the bracket and the only recourse is the cut-off wheel. Not in my plans at 9:30 at night with more shocks left yet to install.

Thinking my next project will be to mount a fashionable license plate frame on the back. With only two screws to take out and put back in, it might be the only Jeep project that won't come with unexpected snags!!!!

Almost finished the MJ, still have some interior stuff to do and it will be done.

1313970986.jpg

Back