• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

click the key to on then to off twice then turn it on and fire it, it just needs to prime the system..... every 97+ xj ive ever had has done it, that fuel pump in hers was brand new when it went to live with you so other than that there shouldnt be any big hurry to replace it

Don't crank... just cycle the ignition to run, when you hear the pump stop, cycle to off then run again, repeat 2 or 3 times. It should start on the first crank.

I have the patience to do that, she don't. :D

In other news............

Traded in the wife's 200 WJ with 235k on the clock. Picked up a 2005 WK with 88k on the clock.

Is this a win???

Considering the oil pump stopped it's pumping action, i'd say yes! :D

Did ya get a hemi???

In other news............

Traded in the wife's 200 WJ with 235k on the clock. Picked up a 2005 WK with 88k on the clock.

Is this a win???

Considering my cousins WJ with 215k just punched a valve through the top of the #1 piston, yes it is!

No hemi... Got the v6.... Wasn't too picky since the WJ got the "I quit" bug several times over the last two weeks.
The dealer we traded it in to called today and asked if there was a trick to starting it! I told him the antitheft was messed up( yeah....)
Either way, wife is loving it and now I get to pick out a new tow rig!
WIN!!!!!

I'm working on the RENIX wiring. I just got done splicing the brown with white grounds (runs to TPS, MAP, etc) and now am going to adjust the TPS. No difference in running/starting as of yet. I hope the TPS adjustment helps.

BTW, am I a retard or does the v6 not have a mechanical fan?!?! I read some kinda jargon on the net sez yes it has one and some sez it ain't.
Whatever, right?? It don't overheat and the electrical fan works well.

MEH......

BTW, am I a retard or does the v6 not have a mechanical fan?!?! I read some kinda jargon on the net sez yes it has one and some sez it ain't.
Whatever, right?? It don't overheat and the electrical fan works well.

MEH......

The 3.7 got a mechanical fan if it had the heavy duty towing package from the factory. At least on the Liberty's that how it works. Otherwise, it's the standard electrical fan.

Surprised you even talked to them when they called..."nope, you're problem now!" lol.

They're plagued with long/hard starts thanks to the check valve for the fuel line failing, thus letting all the fuel drain out of the line back into the tank. The long/crappy starts come from it having to build up pressure again.

I think I know the answer, but could a failing check valve have any effect on gas mileage? Since we noticed the symptoms in our WJ, we have seen a decrease of about 2-3 mpg. We are down around 14-15 now. With city driving, 16-17 used to be the norm

I think I know the answer, but could a failing check valve have any effect on gas mileage? Since we noticed the symptoms in our WJ, we have seen a decrease of about 2-3 mpg. We are down around 14-15 now. With city driving, 16-17 used to be the norm

I could see that, yes. Definitely hurts the overall efficiency of the engine, which in turn I guess would absolutely effect the MPG's.

went wheeling for once, had a blast.
1. first night i broke a side spider gear. 9" uses stock side spiders in the loc rite. bought a whole axle from a junk yard just for that piece.
2. rich broke a d44 front shaft the next morning. he had a spare, fixed it.
3. travis broke his driver side d30 u-joint. then ripped the ears off it, then it ended up binding up and pulling the ball-joints apart.
4. i flopped it. video in the gulches post

Friday:
Speakers and radio install on 4wp charity truck.
TRT came over and helped out with SYE, Solid diff cover, Rancho brake line, and 8.8 swap.
Saturday:
Fought with the rusty hardlines under the jeep.
Went to Birthday dinner/bowling party.
Sunday:
Finished jeep, Scout picnic, birthday dinner, and installed fender flares and step bars on 07 Ram.

Busy weekend to say the least.

Back