• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got the crossmember back out and cut out for the radius arm mounts; gotta love a plasma cutter:
p534019548-3.jpg

Fit up and welded in the radius arm mounts
p521337447-3.jpg

Got them finish welded and primered and ready to install crossmember; maybe tomorrow
p45531515-3.jpg

That's purdy! I want a plasma cutter!

Sexaaaaayyyyy welder! I finally got my little hobart on a cart setup

thanks! theres only so much you can do with flux core on a 110...i got tired of the splatter burning me. actually went in to volunteer welding in nashville to buy a new miller, and saw this one for sale used. got a great deal on it...and picked up new gloves and nice new auto helmet as well, all for less than the price of the new one! :D

thanks! theres only so much you can do with flux core on a 110...i got tired of the splatter burning me. actually went in to volunteer welding in nashville to buy a new miller, and saw this one for sale used. got a great deal on it...and picked up new gloves and nice new auto helmet as well, all for less than the price of the new one! :D

sweet! I love my little hobart 187 it makes my welds look good and most importantly they stick

I am so proud of myself that I'd like to share with all you guys with your fancy garages, machines, welders and toolboxes.
Well I laid down on greasy pavement and changed the rear main seal with $10 tool set from autozone, while the oil and grease was dropping on my face.
I loved it just as I loved scrubbing my face with a brush later.

I am so proud of myself that I'd like to share with all you guys with your fancy garages, machines, welders and toolboxes.
Well I laid down on greasy pavement and changed the rear main seal with $10 tool set from autozone, while the oil and grease was dropping on my face.
I loved it just as I loved scrubbing my face with a brush later.

Congrats! I cannot even say I have done that before!

That happened to me when I replaced some shift solenoids in my trans. Damn fluid is dripping everywhere and grease and mud chunks fall on your face all the time.

That happened to me when I replaced some shift solenoids in my trans. Damn fluid is dripping everywhere and grease and mud chunks fall on your face all the time.

Wait! You do something wesides web wheel and wed repairs? :D

2011-04-13_15-27-28_186.jpg

New rubbers...only 2 for the moment though

What size are they? I have some 33/1050R15's on order but may have found a problem. I need to see if a 15" rim will fit the D30 axle with the WJ knuckle conversion.

What size are they? I have some 33/1050R15's on order but may have found a problem. I need to see if a 15" rim will fit the D30 axle with the WJ knuckle conversion.

Kinda sorta depends on the wheel... Mike is running WJ stuff on his with 15s and they clear. I hear that in most cases you are fine, worse case you might have to grind a little on the calipers.

Kinda sorta depends on the wheel... Mike is running WJ stuff on his with 15s and they clear. I hear that in most cases you are fine, worse case you might have to grind a little on the calipers.

I agree with all of this but the "in most cases you are fine". It was my understanding (and experience with my soft 8's) that most 15's don't work. You can always run spacers if you don't want to leave the 15's.

just grind the caliper... usually works

Ed, The wheels that were on that axle were 15s. I had 15" soft 8s. I don't recall the backspacing off the top of my head but I'll measure in the morning if I don't forget.

It's REALLY close but it works.

Destroyer also has 15's on his akebono equipped xj... so Im gonna stick with my comment and say "on most cases you will be fine". It is close, but it should work out fine Ed. Like was said a few times, worse case you will have to grind a little on the caliper. Not a big deal.

Back