• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well done Destroyer! I may steal some of your tracbar mount build ideas for my upcoming D44 swap.

On a side note, what part of Atlanta are you in? I live in Doraville, just outside the North I-85 I-285 interchange.:wave1:

Thanks guys! The swaybar mounts may end up pretty interesting, there's just too much stuff in not much area.

The Hard Struggler- I'm north up 400 in alpharetta.

Heading to Mountain City Tomorrow!

Installed an APN manifold on a friend's ZJ last night...ran into some issues with that and didn't get it finished till about 3:00am this morning. Then around noon today started the APN and 99 Intake install on ckale1's Jeep. Ran into the clearance issues that many do with 99's (which for some reason I didn't on mine)...ended up having to shave off the intake at #6 AND #1. Got that one finished just as we ran out of sunlight. All in all, a productive 24 hours i'd say!

I got nothing done, too cold to work in the garage even with the heat full blast. I organized/condensed my tools that I carry in the trail rig and DD and went to my kids basketball games.

Mountain City .. slid down trail 20 feet backwards while still in drive.. it was crazy!
Spool didnt do much in that senario~

Went to a get together at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN. Lots of neat European cars and motorcycles to see.

I wish we could see that on video. I would have shat my pants.

Oh yeah! and then i kept doing it too. trying to go up the hill! I did it like 3 times..
Then on one hill.. it was about a mile (or so it felt like it) Backing down a snowy/icey hill.. There was no room to do a 23 point turn.. lol so i backed down half the hill... crazy! 4 years ago i would have shat myself!:laugh2:

Last weekend I fixed the oil leak on the 4x4 XJ. I still have to replace the lifters but that's a job for another weekend and another paycheck.

Friday I finally bit the bullet and bought 4 new tires for the 2wd XJ. I went from 235 70R 15's (suv tires) up to LT31-10.50-15's. It rides a little rougher on the BFG All-terrains but looks so much better.

Sat- too many hours at the Pinewood Derby....and we didn't beat anyone...but we looked good doing it! Then off to Bass Pro Shop for too much browsing.....ended with some Return of the Jedi with the son.
Sunday- Kids to Oak Mountain, and did Peevine Falls hike....Beautiful day...and a little too steep for the 4 yr old girlie. The 6 yr old dude didn't seem to mind falling on his *ss:D Lunch at Sonic to enjoy some more sunshine.....moved a crib to the mother in laws....took apart the crib at her house, removed what was left of her oven light bulb...chowed on some pizza.
Oh, forgot, reinstalled the K&N in the Heep after re oiling (cleaned and dried last weekend)! I knew I had touched the jeep in there somewhere!:moon:

Got my 35" BFG At's installed.Finaly got around to installing my Dana 44 - XJ housing- with 4.88 + Aussie locker + Eplorer discs !!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!
Freakin awesome- better than I had with 33" and 4.10 gears-rides better now @ 2900 rpm's in 5 th -NV 3550- at 75 mph!!! nice combo:woohoo:

I installed an 8.8 Friday night, complete with Powertrax No Slip, then ventured in to a full bearing replacement on it.

First time ever tearing down a rear end that far. Had done axle bearings and lockers before, and pulled a few carriers but never a pinion. All and all it wasn't too bad except for getting the pinion nut drawn down enough to set the rotational drag. No the 8.8 is all happy a quiet. With any luck we managed to get it all done correctly and it will last.

Having access to a shop with a press was a big help too. I would never have attempted it in the driveway....that would have caused some tools to fly for sure.

May be time to look at buying a few tools and try a differential setup next time. At least thought enough ahead to save the old bearing so we can make setup bearings out of them.

Next weekend I might just get the front locker installed. Then it's time to look a frame stiffeners and sliders. getting close to being able to leave my XJ alone for a while and just wheel it.

Dried out the Jeep. The bf removed all the interior (including the god-awful smelling carpet!), so just left the windows down on it. Next up: cleaning, sanding, and Rhino-lining! Yay fun! :)

Builds up the immune system.

Yah what do you think all that wonderful white mold under there is for?? One word penicillin, so when you cut yourself on the rust you won't be affected.

This morning.. Battery is dead and driver front tire flat?
Yesterday we went to walmart and all was fine.. wierd!

Mark

Back