• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

dude, i think that tierod should be fine, but it'll prolly wear out tre's...
i took the motor out of the donor jeep and dropped it off at jacob's! for 60 bux, i got everything under the hood, including a trick throttlebody spacer from powerAid, an HO radiator, all the accesories, and some really neat billet aluminum spring spacers. i'll be replacing the poly ones with these:D

well the deal fell through for the other people and they are delivering my hopefully new to me wrangler done to chattanooga as i speak... and im going down there this afternoon to check it out and inspect it and sign the paperwork if it all clears... YAY!!!!!!!

might finally have my own vehicle again, no more driving the wifes minivan to work or my dad suburban when the wife needs her van.... YAY!!! and its a JEEP!!!!

here is a picture of it:

233791fe7f0000010001331b31c43302.jpg

Just wraping up smoking an 7lb Boston Butt, Smells great can't wait to pull it and make me a Samwhich.

A good day is drinking Dogfish 60min IPA all day long then wrap up eating some good pulled pork..

This is our second weekend of bathroom renovation. We're 90% done.

Oh, and got the MJ running. I plan on putting a whole new set of vacuum hoses in it in hopes it helps bring down the 1500RPM idle I have.

Learned today just how easy it really is to screw up the timing when removing the distributor...all to change the stupid gasket!

Finished up by driving to Winston for a few days to see the family. Plan to take advantage of the nice weather to get some little projects done on the Jeep.

What no rubicon?

hey if i could afford a rubi... it would be a done deal already LOL

well i took a look at it and everything looks good on it but there is a ticking sound coming from the engine... could be nothing... could be a knocking.... and we dont want that... so im having them have it checked out on monday before i say yay or nay on it

other than the ticking sound from the engine (which i dont know if thats some quirk of the 3.8L v6 and im paranoid or something bad... but everything looks good on it and a BONUS it comes with dual tops, didnt know that so thats a huge bonus for me.

No ticking sound from our JK. It has 30k trouble free miles on it so far. The 3.8 is ok in the 2 door but its a dog in the 4 door unless you have a manual shift.

I just cleaned ours up today and removed the layers of salt. Its almost "top-off" weather:woohoo: We hit 60 here today, supposed to be even better tomorrow.

jk.jpg

well, this is my first post. not my first jeep though. i bought this jeep from a guy for $300 replaced a locked up alternator (in his yard) and drove it home. this weekend is the first time i've had a chance to do anything to it, besides maintenance. i'm always working on other peoples junk. put it up on the rack pulled the tires and wheels and with some help from shaggybob we cut enough out of the femders to comfortably run 32x11.50s :D. life is good. for some odd reason i didn't take any before pictures but here are a couple afters.

P3060103.jpg
[/IMG]

P3060104.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
thanks. i'm not antwhere near done yet but money and time dictate progress.

Washed the salt and grime off the TJ from the Callalantee trip, applied a coat of wax and called it clean. Drove over to “Ghost” supply-house and acquired a fresher set of rear springs for the XJ (Old Blue), got a Rancho steering stabilizer outta the deal. Repaired one of his offices PC’s and split. Dropped off my goods at Lenny’s garage went through the other springs for the needed part to complete the “bastard-Pack”. Took a look under the front end and saw the tie rod between those 33X12.50’s. Smiled and thought “looks like a string hanging out under there. (Time to upgrade)
l_015249b500f94374bb92fb20fd9cb912.jpg

Blew the passenger side wheel cylinder on my rear D44 climbing a nasty hill (dunno how they are related), had DrRandy get my brake fluid all over himself, and StumpXJ pound some brake line flat, and off we went...after lunch.:D

Worked on interior stuff on the Jeep today. Replaced the fuse for my power seat, fixed my radio harness and replaced a couple bulbs, then pulled the headliner out and wired up my overhead console. Since I don't have power locks/windows I don't have the connectors, so I had to cut/splice and run to the fuse box. Hopefully tomorrow I can get fabric to do the headliner and recover the console, speaker bar, and visors.

Drove a bit...ate some wings...drove a bit...went wheeling...drove a bit more. Had a great time with a bunch of NAXJA's finest!!

Check this out:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1026791

And also went wheeling with Tyler today at Aetna in the ole SVT. Had a great time, but he definitely pushed the 30 to its limits... no breakage, but I swear I heard it begging, no, SCREAMING for mercy a few times!

:yelclap:

Back