• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Your buddy OWE'S YOU big time....I had that changed "professionally" maybe 3 years ago...I think it was like 15 or $1800 and 3 days without the jeep....:cry:

Haha in all fairness though there were 3 of us who either own now or previously owned XJ's, and my dad helped out for a few minutes as well. Usually two people working on interior stuff and one person working on under the hood stuff (pulling a vacuum, draining coolant, recharging a/c system...etc etc.). Still though, we had all planned on it taking 8-9 hours with 3 of us working.

But it's all good...this buddy is who I get help from on all my electrical needs, and he comes to me for help with mechanical stuff (not to mention he bought the parts from me :D)...so it all works out in the end.

Oh, and total cost on the parts was less than $300...Heater Core, Evaporator, A/C O-ring kit, R134a, and Engine Coolant.

XJ's are disposable. Just buy one that has one working if you need heat! I don't need it mine is so warm in the cab when wheeling!

Haha we joked about that yesterday while working on it. However the fact that it can get rather cold during the winter, not to mention the fact the defroster gets used a lot this time of year made it worth while.

Oh, and spent the morning getting my CB set up complete. Got the antenna mounted and everything wired up...just can't get it to tune very well. SWR is good, but it's good 2 MHz low and I can't figure out why.

In Clarksville, the Habitat doesn't like random people volunteering unless you have a contractor's license.

Interesting. We had about 5 contractors there that were like team leaders, in addition to the habitat project manager for this house and they kept everyone in check. Basically we did all the grunt work (ok with me) that was kind of hard to mess up, although some tried!

Atlanta Habitat will take you if you are physically capable of doing work.

~James

Little wheeling. Had to finish re-doing the RE Drop brackets. Ended up breaking a grade 8 bolt on the upper control arm. Replaced it with a temporary spare and torqued everything back up. Got the extended brake lines on, too, and stripped two bleed screws. Replaced them, bled the system, then changed the oil. Using the new Shell Rotella T 5/40 now. Finished up today working on my interior wiring. It's a rat's nest and I'm trying to clean it up. Got the ARB switches mounted up on the center console. Relocated the compressor switch, too.

Didn't get any work done on the XJ because I went to Cullowhee NC for the weekend to visit a buddy at WCU. We camped at Moses Creek, and fished Caney Fork and the Tuckaseegee. I went for a scary and unfortunately dip above my waders for a second. I will be headed back up there soon with the XJ to ride the trails in the game land.

Went wheeling Saturday and knocked my flairs off again since I didn't put my bumpstops back in after adding spacers to the front. Made some brackets and wired up my led strobes in the grill and in the back window :) Now maybe I won't get run over when I take the jeep to calls.

got my lift mostly done, save a few small aspects, got a locker installed, but it isn't working right. (i think we might have to replace the thrust washers to take up some more space.)
thank you to: Trailratethis for messing with jeeps ALL STINKIN DAY, and trying to help me get my junk right.
JeepAddict85 for helping with all you did, especially helping me install my sattelite radio stuff.
Eric's friend Jacob, for staying way after you got off work to help us with the lift kit.
Brandi Davenport, for sharing your delicious rice-a-roni with one of your husbands friends you don't even know that well. it was excellent!
Bosco01xj-"Flyin" Brian Petraitis, for letting me talk you into some victory DONUTS! fet good, didn't it?:D
seriously, thanks everybody.

Well I have another moment campfire story for y'all. As for those who were around the Golden Mountain Campfire earlier this year, you enjoyed a few of my stories of embarrassing Fiona. Classis like: "I would chase her through the store with the kids crying and yelling 'JUST COME HOME, LOOK WHAT YOUR DOING TO THE CHILDREN"
This weekend I've added another tale to the saga.

Where: Big Chain Store with Food Court
Who: Shrek, Fiona, and a few pizza slingin employees

Shrek: "Yes we would like 2 Coke icees please"
Employee: "Sure, would you like to donate to the St. Jude’s Children Hospital?"
Shrek: "No thanks, I'm taking care of enough kids as it is"
Fiona nudges me, gives a very disappointed look
Shrek: "WHAT? I've got 6 baby momma's! I'd say I'm taking care of enough kids as it is"
(With out missing a beat)
Employee: "Yeah, but these kids are dying"

I busted out laughing, I meant laughing so hard my eyes are watering.

I take all the cash in my hand, put it on the counter and slide it right to her.
Shrek: "Good job, that was amazing. I was being a smart ass and you called me on it. You earned this one for the kids."
Other 2 employees were shocked she said it. Laughing there buts off.
Employee: "Now I can tell my manager that the dying kids line works"

That one made my day right there.

Blew up my rear tcase yoke! :explosion :bawl:

Oh, come on. Shrek's like a brother to me. Tell ya what Wingnutooa never misses a jab. He was over at the house yesterday and I was laughing the whole time.

I had a good time yesterday. Thanks to everyone that came over. Sorry, there was no official thread. The plan was to do a axle swap and a locker and in conversation told people they were welcome to come over. It ended up being a wrenchfest/ meet and greet. It was fun, there were alot of Jeeps. I started working on Jeeps at 9:30 am and didn't stop until midnight. I didn't even get to work on the Manche.

Back