• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Wj booster swapped, all I can say is "holy crap!". Even with the factory mj valves (could brake the lower lines loose so i left it) it is a million times better than before.

Last week...

Installed Warrior Products front bumper

Tonight...

Oil Change in the ZJ. New door panels on the front doors of the ZJ. Pulled the rear bumper corners off the XJ.

Later...

Bumper comes off next and then install a C4x4 rear bumper. Then, after the bumper, the Rubicon Express 3.5 inch lift.

Got my Craftsman tool set changed out under warranty, drove around aimlessly for about 3 hours, installed a CB in a friend's XJ, had another friend help us tune it and tune mine some more and got them both working good.

Heading out for a bite to eat and some brews with some co-workers now.

Left the house at 5am to attend the flog. No oil pressure at 5:45am. Turned around got partway home then called a friend to come haul us home. Unloaded the XJ. Started researching motor stuff.

Watched The Road Warrior on AMC then went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Bought the new Four Wheeler mag with the Rough Country long arm install.

Left the house at 5am to attend the flog. No oil pressure at 5:45am. Turned around got partway home then called a friend to come haul us home. Unloaded the XJ. Started researching motor stuff.

Watched The Road Warrior on AMC then went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Bought the new Four Wheeler mag with the Rough Country long arm install.

Does this mean you did not make the flog?

Does this mean you did not make the flog?

Nope, I didn't make it to the Flog. I decided to stay home and web wheel since it is what I seem to be good at right now. I can't wheel the Oldsmobile so I just stayed at the home. I've been pissed all day since it was the ultimate weekend to go trailriding.

Alpha,
No idea of what it might be yet. Chief and I discussed a few possibilities. I need to get a mechanical guage on it and see what it reads, and then drop the pan and go from there.

ed, i have a mechanical guage here at my house you can borrow for a while... it's brand new, never used, so at least it's clean. you're welcome to it whenever you might be near m'boro, or i could meet you between your house and mine, whichever. i live almost halfway between m'boro and woodbury, kinda in kitrell, near readyville, that area. 100 yds from kitrell school.

oil change (without breaking the oil pressure sending unit:eeks1:), rotated tires, changed the belt (Gatorback;) )
next up heater core :soapbox: :banghead: going to try to do it without messing with the AC, it works great and I want to keep it that way.

oil change (without breaking the oil pressure sending unit:eeks1:), rotated tires, changed the belt (Gatorback;) )
next up heater core :soapbox: :banghead: going to try to do it without messing with the AC, it works great and I want to keep it that way.

Good luck...Gotta take the a/c housing box out of the dash, and the evaporator comes out with it, which means you have to remove it from the rest of the a/c system, thus having to discharge it and then recharge it when your done.

Overall the job isn't hard. If you're evaporator has never been replaced, now is the time to do it. I just did a heater core on my buddy's 98 two weeks ago, trust me!

Spent today making some sort of plan of attack about how to deal with the lack of oil pressure in my engine. Been reading up on strokers, probably too expensive, but you never know.

Thanks to those who called and replyed to my situation offering advise, parts and help. That is what makes this club great.

I installed a transfer case with slip yoke eliminator to replace my cracked transfer case but ran out of day light maybe after owning my xj for a year i will finally get it fixed to drive it just in time for winter. Just need to tighten the bolts plug everything back up and have u joints put in two drive shafts.

Forgot to mention that a guy came to work today to buy some coolant for his XJ, a 98 4.0L. Added one gallon of 50/50 mix in the parking lot and came back in to buy another...added almost the entire second bottle, which means there was not a drop left in that Jeep when he pulled in. I asked the guy (who barely spoke English) how hot it got and his response was "all the way"

All I could do was shake my head...I felt really bad for the Jeep. I was standing out in the lot when it fired it up to leave. Not one knock or puff of smoke...gotta love how tough the 4.0 is. Don't know too many other motors that could take that and act like nothing was wrong.

Forgot to mention that a guy came to work today to buy some coolant for his XJ, a 98 4.0L. Added one gallon of 50/50 mix in the parking lot and came back in to buy another...added almost the entire second bottle, which means there was not a drop left in that Jeep when he pulled in. I asked the guy (who barely spoke English) how hot it got and his response was "all the way"

All I could do was shake my head...I felt really bad for the Jeep. I was standing out in the lot when it fired it up to leave. Not one knock or puff of smoke...gotta love how tough the 4.0 is. Don't know too many other motors that could take that and act like nothing was wrong.

did that to my jeep last summer... i was rock bouncing it up an obstacle when it over heated and shot the drain plug out.... its still running awesome to this day!!!

as for my weekend... i have been fabing/installing sliders on the tj and hooking all the hardtop stuff on it. should have the onboard air and rear locker hooked up for dad by this weekend.

then its on to a brand new face lift for the ol cherokee!

replaced the fuel pump on the XJ...started to replace the power steering pump but couldn't figure out how to loosen the drive belt using the Chiltons manual...time to search the NAXJA manual...

Repaired the failing sheet metal behind the upper drivers door hinge, changed the oil, welded my exhaust pipe where the clamp cracked it, and tightened my hatch up again.

Then realized, I did too much this weekend, now I have to break something to fix for next week.

Or maybe start fabbing the long arms.

replaced the fuel pump on the XJ...started to replace the power steering pump but couldn't figure out how to loosen the drive belt using the Chiltons manual...time to search the NAXJA manual...

Loosen the harmonic balancer pulley that's below the power steering pump. Then on the left side of the power steering bracket is the tensioner bolt (the bolt that is not horizontal or vertical, it's at an angle) simply loosen it until you can slip the belt off. Reverse for installation.

Back