• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Did you remove the passenger seat?? Can't imagine finding room in there for a laptop.:cheers:

for realz! post a pic!

Nope, the passenger seat is still in, and even I can fit in it (passenger seat) when the laptop is in place (that says a lot if you have never seen me...). I will post a pic this afternoon in a separate build thread. Turned out pretty well, took a long time to build it, but I used all scraps so it only cost me my time.

I have a touchscreen/notebook laptop, so that makes it a little eaiser as far as having room. But, now I officially have enough gadgets.

~James

Nope, the passenger seat is still in, and even I can fit in it (passenger seat) when the laptop is in place (that says a lot if you have never seen me...). I will post a pic this afternoon in a separate build thread. Turned out pretty well, took a long time to build it, but I used all scraps so it only cost me my time.

I have a touchscreen/notebook laptop, so that makes it a little eaiser as far as having room. But, now I officially have enough gadgets.

~James

Please put it in mod tech for all to see your skilz!

But, now I officially have enough gadgets.

~James

Dude....bite your tongue...don't let your wife see that:eyes:...never know what they will come out with next week! There is always something...:viking:

Well last night I get home from Scouts and as I'm pulling into the driveway I stop to get the mail. I open the mail box to find a lonely single piece of 8x11 sheet of paper fold in half. Never would I have imagined that this single peace of paper could trigger one of those, forehead smacking, wife laughing, "You know you____ when ____" moments. For me it was "You know you have to many cars in your driveway when someone leaves a flyer in your mail box to buy junk or unless cars" I currently have a 1975 FJ40, 1999 Ford Exploder, 96 Altima, 01 Navigator, and my beloved 91 Cherokee. Now the last 3 get driven on a daily if not weekly bases. I know of a few members on here as well as fiona that are not going to let me live this one down.

okay so i worked all morning tracing down wires, replaced the braided ground to the tub and a connector for a ground to the block, and saw that the positive battery terminal was loose at the wire end so i replaced it (it was already tightened down as tight as possible) and IT WORKS!!!!

dont know which one did it and i hope that batery terminal wasnt the problem because i prolly spent about $50 with everything that i replaced (starter relay, iginition switch, grounds)

but hey now it has good connections and a new relay and switch!

got some flying photos (will upload later) for my costume

installed some rock lights but still need to put them on a switch but i ran out of wire.

painted the hardtop final coat of OD green

started to put the hardtop on but it was nap time so it will have to wait.

The wife and I just got done working at a Habitat for Humanity house... holy crap I am exhausted. Had about 45 people there though, and we got a ton of stuff done. Was pretty awesome to see a bunch of strangers come together to build these houses.

~James

Complete heater core and evaporator replacement on my buddy's XJ...total time spent was 4.5 hours. Pretty sure that's a record.

The wife and I just got done working at a Habitat for Humanity house... holy crap I am exhausted. Had about 45 people there though, and we got a ton of stuff done. Was pretty awesome to see a bunch of strangers come together to build these houses.

~James

We've done that too...good experience:sunshine:

Complete heater core and evaporator replacement on my buddy's XJ...total time spent was 4.5 hours. Pretty sure that's a record.

Don't you have to take out the entire dash for that? That might be a record:D

Yup....entire dash removed, coolant drained from motor, vacuum pulled on a/c system twice, and we changed the accumulator as well.

Your buddy OWE'S YOU big time....I had that changed "professionally" maybe 3 years ago...I think it was like 15 or $1800 and 3 days without the jeep....:cry:

XJ's are disposable. Just buy one that has one working if you need heat! I don't need it mine is so warm in the cab when wheeling!

XJ's are disposable. Just buy one that has one working if you need heat! I don't need it mine is so warm in the cab when wheeling!

yeh, my issue was the A/C....on DD in Alabama....THAT is a necessity:eyes:

Back