• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Sold the 1987 Chevy Celebrity to the scrapyard. I meant to get in the shop and work on getting my 1988 finished up.

Did turkey day dinner at my parents and my brother showed me the trailer for the new movie "Mad Max Fury Road". OMG! That movie looks totally badass! Had fun with family and watched the Titans lose.....again.

7 states in 6 days up in New England. Was supposed to be home at 5 tonight, but my flight is delayed almost 2 hours. Boston Logan isn't an easy airport to kill time in!

7 states in 6 days up in New England. Was supposed to be home at 5 tonight, but my flight is delayed almost 2 hours. Boston Logan isn't an easy airport to kill time in!

Probably the same storm that messed up my flight home last night. Got delayed on the tarmac at BWI trying to leave then put in a holding pattern for 30 minutes as we approached Charlotte.

BWI lost power this morning. My aircraft from BOS - BNA originated at BWI and couldn't get out.

Wasted my Friday evening going to look at a Jeep.

8am yesterday morning a saw an ad for a clean lifted 2000 XJ for $2500. 1.5 hours from me. I called and scheduled an appointment to look at it. 6:30 last night. He assured me he'd hang onto it until then.

I text the guy and tell him I'm on the way at 4:30. He says "OK".

I get there (2 hours with traffic) and there's no Jeep in the yard. His mom comes out wondering what I'm doing there. I told her I was there to look at a Jeep. She said he sold it 4 hours ago...

What the heck, man. Mommy was not happy.

The way of the craigslist. Win some, lose some.

Been traveling like crazy for work. California Tuesday-Thursday of this past week. Landed at 4:00 Thursday and turned my phone on to see that I had been booked on a flight to Baltimore for a trip the next morning. Didn't ask if I could work this weekend or anything, just made plans for me. Got back last night and slept in my own bed for once. More trips coming up next week. Another California job and looks like some more Maryland/Delaware jobs too. I'm sure they'll find a way for me to be in both places at the same time....

Trying hard to find a better job...

What job requires you to travel so much? Seems like you are always in perpetual motion.

I'm an engineer for a company that manufactures large switches for power transmission and distribution (i.e. those big ass power lines and sub stations you see while out and about). Damn near every utility company in the country is our customer, and one of our services we offer is to have an engineer come out to aid in the adjustment (and sometimes installation) of the final product. Therefore, I'm constantly on the go and all over the country. Sometimes in cities, but mainly in some very rural areas.

Whew. Ya I imagine your busy.

Extremely. There's not really an "off season" anymore, but this time of year is absurd. Lots of utilities are finding money they need to spend before Jan 1 and doing so as fast as they can.

The crap part is a lot of these trips are day trips....meaning fly up, work, and fly home all in the same day. Usually with 2-3 hours of driving to and from the job site in between. Lots of day trips to Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Florida. Longest day trip I did was to Iowa and back. Just shy of a 24 hour day by the time I got back home from the airport.

Extremely. There's not really an "off season" anymore, but this time of year is absurd. Lots of utilities are finding money they need to spend before Jan 1 and doing so as fast as they can.

The crap part is a lot of these trips are day trips....meaning fly up, work, and fly home all in the same day. Usually with 2-3 hours of driving to and from the job site in between. Lots of day trips to Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Florida. Longest day trip I did was to Iowa and back. Just shy of a 24 hour day by the time I got back home from the airport.

Maybe that's why they make classes so that we have to pull all nighters during school.......

Maybe that's why they make classes so that we have to pull all nighters during school.......

I've pulled all nighters on the job site too. Sometimes the line can't be taken out to be worked on until night time when loads are low. That means we start work at 10pm and finish at whatever o'clock in the morning.

I've seen the sunrise on a jobsite way to many times than I care to.

I put a new front axle in my trailer last night. Now both axles are new or very close to it!

Fingers crossed one of these doesn't break on the way to the Crawl this year.

It will have a good break in run to Lynchburg...I should be bringing that 4 door MJ home in a couple weeks!!!

Back