• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Hotel!? It's in the middle of nowhere. Bring a tent. The camping is the fun part.

Last time we went we go a spot on the side of a good sized creek. It was nice.

I'm old I like flush toilets and hot showers.......

Well, after tearing up the body pretty bad at Wooly's a couple weeks ago I got JCR Quarter guards delivered and I got my front wheel wells trimmed back. They look prety good - just need to put some touch up paint on the bare metal and then put a clear rubber sheathing over the cut so that the metal doesn't cut into my tire if I ever stuff deep enough.

Last night I started my cut and fold of the bottom of the rear quarter panels. I found about 2 inches of dirt sitting between the inner and outer panels! I got the outside sheet metal bent back into reasonable shape so that the JCR guard fits "pretty well." Next step is to attach the guard so that I can finish the fold of the quarter panel and do the fold of the wheel arch.

Then, off to powder coating for the JCR guards, install them, then install the LED taillights. Should be back on the road in another week or so. I'm not doing marathon sessions on this - just an hour here or two hours there.

Not doing anything to the Jeep last night because I have a ticket to see Merle Haggard at the Ryman!!!!

Got the rear suspension installed in the IH pickup project. The truck is now back on all fours and now I can use my lift again.

Re: Re: Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Must be nice. I haven't touched my Jeep since the crawl other than to back it off the trailer. It's still covered in Harlan dust and mud.
Me either. Hardly. I need to do a fluid change on the trans. Hopefully that clears up the newest probem to develop...

I have developed a pretty nasty sqeal noise coming from what I think is either my wheel bearings or the inner spindle bearing. Don't know yet.

If I let mine sit for a few days, when I start it up and put it in drive, I have no drive. Have to cycle back and forth between reverse and drive to eventually get drive again.

Hasn't had a fluid change in 90K, so i'll start with a home made flush and see what happens.

Got it back together minus fluids and the battery. Hopefully starting it tomorrow.

vyqazere.jpg

Well... It runs! Chasing a vacuum leak which I believe is a gasket issue at the throttle body. Covered the IAC hole and put a rag in the TB and it still ran at 1200 RPM.

Needs exhaust and I need to figure out why the temp gauge doesn't work. The gauge sweeps back and forth but doesn't read when plugged in, it's just pegged to the right. Has 119 ohms at the sensor.

I need to put a starter on mine. Been doing work in the yard a lot lately.

Well... It runs! Chasing a vacuum leak which I believe is a gasket issue at the throttle body. Covered the IAC hole and put a rag in the TB and it still ran at 1200 RPM.

Needs exhaust and I need to figure out why the temp gauge doesn't work. The gauge sweeps back and forth but doesn't read when plugged in, it's just pegged to the right. Has 119 ohms at the sensor.

I always chase vacuum leaks with brake cleaner, just don't over do it.

Nice to see that rig running again! Its always a relief to know you can put a motor back together and have it run correctly.

How do you chase it with brake cleaner?

It runs and drives pretty good. Needs the tires balanced, an alignment, and a new transmission drain plug... I forgot to tighten it up and it started coming out while test driving down the road. Limped it home and got this.
qe2usege.jpg

Also installed a new temp gauge as I broke the OEM one.
uta4e3y4.jpg

I took this pic after I shut it off and the temp went up.

I spray it around the intake while its idling. If it starts to idle higher after I spray a certain area, then I know something is loose or open in that area. You have to use flammable brake cleaner, I think there is some that is not flammable............which obviously won't work.

That temp gauge looks huge?

Last edited:
Back