• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Does anyone have a stock XJ sitting around that could do some measurements?

I'm wondering - with 15 inch rims - on factory suspension, what is the measurement to the ground of the red lines on the photo below.

456647ba-b407-4f7e-8fc6-db65c4822035_zps427b7c32.jpg

Does anyone have a stock XJ sitting around that could do some measurements?

I'm wondering - with 15 inch rims - on factory suspension, what is the measurement to the ground of the red lines on the photo below.

456647ba-b407-4f7e-8fc6-db65c4822035_zps427b7c32.jpg

I only have an upcountry one, but.. I can tell you the measurement from the factory center of wheel to bottom of fender flair is 17" and 17.5".

Re: Re: Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got the suspension up front rebuilt and trimmed back my fenders. Yep, I finally gave in. The JCR rear quarter panel guards with the integrated light boxes should be at the house by Tuesday. Once I get them drilled and temporarily installed I'll do the rear wheel arch cut and fold, then pull the JCR guards for paint and final install.

Also, I cut a small slit in a sidewall the last time I was out. I think I might just get a tube for it and run it that way. I've read up on that a little and people say that one of the issues of an inner tube is that at low pressure off road that the tire could slip on the bead and that the tube can move around to where it could snap off the valve stem. Is that for real or just internet crapola?

Oh, and regarding paint, the JCR guard will have the rub rail on it, so I think I may paint the panel Silverstone Metallic to match the truck, then paint just the rub rail black.
Just realized I forgot to get you pics of my trim. Work has been crazy with travel for the last couple of weeks! Do you still need them?

Nah, I forgot I asked also! I already chopped my fronts. Thanks anyway.

Yep, it's Monday all right.......

I am now having more repairs done to the van at a tune of $700+. I can't seem to have anything that will run right.

This just came in for my CJ. Durango steering box and alternator should be here in a couple days for the XJ.

10511401_10152675503829294_1138874498973634020_o.jpg

running on my spare till I figure if I can beat my rim back round or if I need to buy another Cragar Soft 8 15

Lol sounds like mine. I folded the lip back on mine a good 6" or so. It was peeled straight out. A few good whacks with a 5lb mini-sledge and all is good again!

Oh yeah....the UPS guy was good to me today!

D&C roll cage kit!

Depending on when you install I'll help ya or at least give pointers if my days off don't work out.

Today I pressure washed a bunch of parts to get some gunk off of them, hooked the engine back up in the Jeep, and got the trans under the Jeep ready to be bolted up.

Would have been done a while ago but I've been hanging out with my best friend since he got back from drum corp and before he goes back to college.

Drum corp? Who's he with?

I finally got my clutch assembly in my truck transmission, and had a he'll of a time getting the band in......but I'm going to bed knowing the band is in. Time to put the pump on, corvette servo, shift kit, and valve body. Hope to install this weekend.

Drum corp? Who's he with?

I finally got my clutch assembly in my truck transmission, and had a he'll of a time getting the band in......but I'm going to bed knowing the band is in. Time to put the pump on, corvette servo, shift kit, and valve body. Hope to install this weekend.

He is the head conductor of the Phantom Regiment.

Is that the bolt in cage? I thought about getting it until I researched it and saw a few pictures of it after a roll over. Needless to say it didn't look like it held up too well.

Back