• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I just realized that this thread started almost 1 full year BEFORE I bought my Jeep! I bought my '01 XJ on May 30, 2009. When Glenn started this thread I had an old '85 XJ that hadn't run in years sitting in my driveway, a '95 ZJ that I was using as a beater truck, and the '96 ZJ and '04 WJ that we still use as DDs.

This thread was started 3 days after I graduated the Academy in Colorado. I'd already owned my jeep two years and had started modifying the first lift kit I put on in '07, to fit my new 33's. Still driving the same jeep today!

Spent most of the morning developing an itinerary for a group locally that wants to go to Europe in 2016. Nice trip - Rome, Florence, Venice, Berchesgaden, Salzburg, Munich, Stuttgart, and Paris. Yep, if this gets off the ground I am definitely going to tour direct it. And it will be back 2 weeks before the Crawl, so I can still make it to Kentucky!

In the meantime, my JCR guards showed up on Tuesday and my LED tail light kit showed up today. I think I've settled on getting the side guards powder-coated Silverstone Metallic, which is the Jeep's factory paint color. It is considerably less expensive than I expected - I was quoted $100 for both sides.

Thinking about doing some modifications to my rear bumper and cutting out the bottom rear quarter panels while the Jeep is down. The damage on the passenger side is a little more severe than I anticipated. I think that all needs to take place before I can mount the quarter guard. One thing just leads to another!!!

I know I need to keep working, but I am really tempted to give up the rest of the day and head out to the garage to wire up the LEDS.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

I know I need to keep working, but I am really tempted to give up the rest of the day and head out to the garage to wire up the LEDS.

Ok, Ok...I'm weak...but the LEDs work well!!!

Ok, Ok...I'm weak...but the LEDs work well!!!

Yeah they do. Just wait till night time. The oval LED tails I have in my trail Jeep are BRIGHT! Bright enough that you can tell they're lit up from 50 feet away in broad daylight in my tiny little avatar picture. lol

I'd sure like to get a set of the quarter quards with tail lights that you have for the green Jeep eventually.

and just because I like posting pictures... Here's a picture of them lit up.

Gulches4-26-14-24_zps77a32f0b.jpg

Last edited:
So far....
Flushed the coolant system, replaced water pump, thermostat, plugs, wires, and oil change. Pulled carpet from the back and started on the rust I found there.

Not too bad for the first weekend I've owned it.

So far....
Flushed the coolant system, replaced water pump, thermostat, plugs, wires, and oil change. Pulled carpet from the back and started on the rust I found there.

Not too bad for the first weekend I've owned it.
It's addictive. Next will be lift and tires........just warning you ahead of time.

I finished my z71 trans but will have to wait a couple of weeks before install.

I started my rear quarter cut and folds tonight. I got the passenger side cut open tonight and pounded out a few dents so that my JCR quarter guards fit "right."

I wish I knew how to weld it would be so much cleaner and solid just to cut it off flush and weld in a flat patch panel and call it done.

Swapped to an open cooling system in the dd mj, recalibrated tps, fixed stereo, and installed new battery terminals.

So nice to have pickup again

Must be nice. I haven't touched my Jeep since the crawl other than to back it off the trailer. It's still covered in Harlan dust and mud.

Same here. Only time I've touched mine is to get to and from work. I was thinking about going to URE over Labor Day, but it blew up, so I'm definitely not wheeling over Labor Day anymore haha

Same here. Only time I've touched mine is to get to and from work. I was thinking about going to URE over Labor Day, but it blew up, so I'm definitely not wheeling over Labor Day anymore haha

I'm been thinking about dragging my pop-up up the trail and camping up on that flat spot up where people like to camp. Since it's just dirt roads to there now. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

I'm been thinking about dragging my pop-up up the trail and camping up on that flat spot up where people like to camp. Since it's just dirt roads to there now. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

Do it!! Let me know when you decide to too, I'm only an hour from there, so as long as the Jeep is suitable to go I'll go

Do it!! Let me know when you decide to too, I'm only an hour from there, so as long as the Jeep is suitable to go I'll go

Will do. I have a couple other places I want to go as well. How far are you from Pickens, SC?

Edit: Looks like 2 hours. There's a place on lake Jocassee that I like to go. Been thinking about rounding up a small group for that when it cools off a little.

Will do. I have a couple other places I want to go as well. How far are you from Pickens, SC?

Edit: Looks like 2 hours. There's a place on lake Jocassee that I like to go. Been thinking about rounding up a small group for that when it cools off a little.

I'm down depending on how much school work I have at that time. I have Fridays and Saturdays off during the school year

Make sure you give me about a weeks heads up on both those trips if you can. I definitely want to do the Joccasse thing. Know of any reasonable hotel's up near that place?

Hotel!? It's in the middle of nowhere. Bring a tent. The camping is the fun part.

Last time we went we go a spot on the side of a good sized creek. It was nice.

Back