• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

There's a front skid on that last one.

I'm sure somebody around here could use a front skid.

My brother got dive bombed by a deer.....he was running 80 in his civic on the interstate

Sterlingsdeer.jpg

Took it pretty well. $200 in parts and it was rolling again....the fender and bumper are still in primer! :roflmao:

shouldve painted it gold...since that axle seems to worth gold these days

Really? I picked it up for $200 cause it was taking up space in a guys garage. I figured it was a good find but I didn't think I won the lottery. It does have the retarded Trac-Loc system.

Edit: just saw you were from Knoxville. Hello from a fellow ktown XJ owner!

Really? I picked it up for $200 cause it was taking up space in a guys garage. I figured it was a good find but I didn't think I wont the lottery. It does have the retarded Trac-Loc system.

i paid 250 for mine 6 years years ago....theyre becoming really rare. you lucked out, ive seen asking prices near 450 for them. you find another one ill come get it from you plus a finders fee :D

and your in knoxville! right in my backyard

i paid 250 for mine 6 years years ago....theyre becoming really rare. you lucked out, ive seen asking prices near 450 for them. you find another one ill come get it from you plus a finders fee :D

and your in knoxville! right in my backyard

If I happen across another one you can have it for free. This swap has been a f-ing nightmare. Got it in Thursday night around 2AM. Tried to drive to work friday morning in the ice storm and the rear axle seized up on me and sent me spinning on 75-south. Nearly killed me. Spent all weekend tearing it down and trying to figure out what had happened. I'm still clueless.

I don't know why people put that kind of money on an XJ 44 when a 29 spline 8.25 is pretty damn close to the same strength (and actually exceeds 44 strength in some areas...) and an 8.8 is about the same too and can be swapped for under 500 all day long. They are kinda cool I guess.

I don't know why people put that kind of money on an XJ 44 when a 29 spline 8.25 is pretty damn close to the same strength (and actually exceeds 44 strength in some areas...) and an 8.8 is about the same too and can be swapped for under 500 all day long. They are kinda cool I guess.

Agreed. The guy I bought it from went 8.8 and just had it sitting there. I only run 32's and have more of an overland rig. Figured the D44 would be a perfect fit. If i was going bigger I would have just stepped up to the 8.8 most likely.

If I happen across another one you can have it for free. This swap has been a f-ing nightmare. Got it in Thursday night around 2AM. Tried to drive to work friday morning in the ice storm and the rear axle seized up on me and sent me spinning on 75-south. Nearly killed me. Spent all weekend tearing it down and trying to figure out what had happened. I'm still clueless.

i work at topside powersports if you need a hand....i can get a lot of drivetrain parts through the office too ;)

the 44 is on par with a 29 spline 8.25....the 8.8 rules all baby axles

i got the 8.8 for the buggy for 65$ im hoping i can find another for the 89

Back