• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Jeep in Raleigh got sold...so went over to a friends house and started working on a project 89 XJ. His brother bought it last week and got a hell of a steal...$375 for a 4.0/AW4/NP231 with 158K on it. Motor had a bad CPS and bad coil pack and wouldn't run...interior is in immaculate shape...exterior has the typical faded light blue paint and the right side of the back bumper is bent from a fender bender. Only things that were wrong mechanically were the oil pressure dropped to almost nothing as rpm's increased, (fixed that tonight by draining that water that once was oil out of the motor and filling it with nice fresh real oil)...and the coolant bottle cap is cracked so it's not holding pressure (and I believe the culprit for the lack of temperature in the motor according to the gauge)....also has a high idle...thinking due to TPS.

Making a junkyard run tomorrow for a TPS, hopefully a cap for the pressure bottle, and a few misc. odd ball things. Plans in the future include the new Rough Country 6.5" kit.

after all i've done to my waggy, i had no idea the motor was only hangin on by a thread, after driving it all over the state for the last 5 months, and never a problem, it started knocking like a midget with a hammer was under the hood. i have no money, so i hafta let the jeep go to the highest bidder. i hope i'm lucky enough to cover the cost of my brand new lift and tires...

after all i've done to my waggy, i had no idea the motor was only hangin on by a thread, after driving it all over the state for the last 5 months, and never a problem, it started knocking like a midget with a hammer was under the hood. i have no money, so i hafta let the jeep go to the highest bidder. i hope i'm lucky enough to cover the cost of my brand new lift and tires...

PM'ed you

I'll be working all weekend but since I had today off I finished up one of my rock rails. Now I just gotta make the other.:eek: Don't mind the wimpy mounting hardware, that'll be upgraded once my order arrives from McMaster.

CIMG3734.jpg

CIMG3735.jpg

CIMG3738.jpg

CIMG3740.jpg

got a motor for the waggy for free! i'm pretty excited that i might not have to get rid of her. the motor is from an 83 cherokee, and supposedly has everything on it from the carb to the a/c unit to the power steering pump. i'll try to get it in over the next couple weeks...

yeah, i know! i was seriously thinking of trading with glenn, but i'm glad things went the way they did. i'll prolly try to start a thread on here when the motor gets here to recruit some help, if anybody's interested. it shouldn't be that hard, but i go nuts on big projects with nobody to talk to...

It just wouldn't be the same at car shows w/o your giant Waggy making an appearance.

Oh, I finally got the grounds on the engine block replaced.

Was chillin at the lake with the GF and her family for the fourth and planned to stay the whole weekend until I got a call this evening that my dad wrecked his dirt bike in West Virginia...broke a rib and his collar bone...and gave himself a pretty good concussion (tests in the morning at the hospital he's being moved too will show if there's further damage). So drove up to mom's to crash for the night...getting up early to go up to Beckley and pick him up and bring his car and bike back.

I flushed the brake fluid from the rear lines. Didn't get to the fronts yet. Replaced the Batt Neg cable and those other grounds. Replaced the gauge cluster, but I fubar'd something.

looks really nice - do you do side work and sell those? been looking for some decent ones

Thanks, I wish I had the time to build more. It will probably be another few months before I finish my drivers side.

destroyer, that rear bumber is SICK! i personally like the tire on the back, but the bumper looks great.

The C-Rok is a pretty sweet bumper for those who don't want to go the cut n' fold route on their quarters. Eventually I want to build a storage/sleeping platform in the cargo area and keep the spare underneath it so I can ditch the rack.

Drove to Beckley WV to check on Dad in the hospital and pick up all his gear. Drove his Accord back with the trailer to get it out of the woods. Possibly going back up in the next day or two to pick him up if my Aunt can't go. Still need to find his bike and figure out how to get it home.

Drove to Beckley WV to check on Dad in the hospital and pick up all his gear. Drove his Accord back with the trailer to get it out of the woods. Possibly going back up in the next day or two to pick him up if my Aunt can't go. Still need to find his bike and figure out how to get it home.

Best of luck to your Dad! I know what collar bones and ribs feel like. Let me know if you need a co-pilot for Beckley, I'm good after Monday morn. I have a truck/trailer available if needed.

Best of luck to your Dad! I know what collar bones and ribs feel like. Let me know if you need a co-pilot for Beckley, I'm good after Monday morn. I have a truck/trailer available if needed.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I've got the trailer he pulls with his Honda..was thinking about throwing it on the back of my Jeep and going to grab it if I can find where it is and it looks like they're gonna release him today.

Wheeled the Crawl for 3 days at Morris Mountain with great friends in the SEC. What a great weekend!

Back