• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Just rolled in. A/C held out pretty well on the trip back. Froze up as a matter of fact lol. Guess I need to get around to addressing that problem...

Dropped off the axle Doug will be getting this week and the wheels Mark will be getting as well. Then watched Glenn burn himself multiple times while cutting and welding little pieces of stock. You'd think he'd learn after the first time or two....but this IS Glenn we're talking about :D

A little rigged, but work quite well:

548170_10100443872523067_1004595127_n.jpg

Then he made me pancake my exhaust tip into my hitch!

403849_10100443946634547_1294224400_n.jpg

It was only a matter of time before that happened anyways. Guess I'll be cutting that off soon. Starting to look like I could use some new exhaust pipe from the muffler back, so perhaps a good time to just make a turn down right after the muffler.

Thanks again for the help Glenn!

Thanks again for the help Glenn!

Any time my friend. Had fun... I did not burn myself once.... yea it hurt for the fraction of a second I grabbed it but there are no burns damn it! I'm more then happy to help anyone out only catch is you have to come to my shop where my tools are! One day I'll put a lift in there.

You don't have to drain all your coolant to do an XJ thermostat do you?

Nope. You can pull the tstat out with out having to drain the whole system. I can't remember how much you'll lose but it's not much.

Can't remember to be honest, I wouldn't think so, but without looking at it right this moment, I have no idea.

I blame 12 hour days, 80 hour weeks, and very limited sleep.

Sorry I was being a jackass, you don't need to. :D

Nope. You can pull the tstat out with out having to drain the whole system. I can't remember how much you'll lose but it's not much.

Refer to my last post.....:looser:

Put a new radiator, upper rad hose and lower rad hose in wife's Jeep yesterday. Man that was hot.

Put a new radiator, upper rad hose and lower rad hose in wife's Jeep yesterday. Man that was hot.

Loaded the jeep on the trailer today and discovered a dead ps pump!

Sorry I was being a jackass, you don't need to. :D

Its all good, I was trying to picture it in my mind, and just couldn't decide if I would lose a bunch of not. As I said, I blame a lack of sleep, and a very bad imagination.

Ill knock that out tomorrow, tranny flush, and hopefully getting to the bottom of this fuel pressure issue. Cycling the key is a pain.

Watching TAKEN with Liam Neeson. That is one badass movie. I like what the badguys get for messing with his family. It also has an awesome chase scene with an early Cherokee Limited.

Watching TAKEN with Liam Neeson. That is one badass movie. I like what the badguys get for messing with his family. It also has an awesome chase scene with an early Cherokee Limited.

Yea I love that movie!

The damn sky is exploding. 39 fire calls in the past 6 hours.

Same here. Was coming home from a friend's around 6:30 and drove through storm number one. Some incredible lightning that was striking every few seconds. Had another one blow up over the house later on this evening that was the same way. I'm not surprised with all the heat in the air from the last few days.

It was weird. It was 108 degrees at 6pm. Then it rained for 10 minutes. Then it stopped. Then the wind came. Lots of wind. Like enough to take out a couple huge limbs in my yard. Now its just rumbling and the fire tones are going crazy.

One of the guys from work came over to my desk this morning and picked my brain about a ZJ he's got that decided to give up running this weekend. Ran through all the symptoms and diagnosed it as a CPS. Lucky for him, we were talking Jeeps last week and I burned him a copy of a FSM I have for a 96 ZJ on Friday, so he had that this weekend to browse through.

Sister calls at lunch and says the steering is messed up in her 04 Malibu. It's way too easy to turn one way and quite hard to turn the other. These stupid things don't use a conventional method of power steering. Instead, they use a 100% electronic, speed sensitive method. Already pulled MAP sensor codes off the stupid thing last month when I was up there. Me thinks this car will be going bye bye very soon.

Then, mom calls tonight after I get home and says her Jeep "wouldn't work" this morning when they left to go to work. At first it wouldn't crank (like a dead battery), then eventually it would crank but very slowly. Finally got to the point where it would fire for a split second and die immediately. Sounded to me like the battery went flat somehow over the weekend and the computer went dumb. Talked my step dad through how to get it to re-learn idle parameters and to report back. It's running OK now, still tries to cut off every now and then. Might be taking a ride to go try and fix it tomorrow after work.

I'm so ready for the crawl it's not even funny....

One of the guys from work came over to my desk this morning and picked my brain about a ZJ he's got that decided to give up running this weekend. Ran through all the symptoms and diagnosed it as a CPS. Lucky for him, we were talking Jeeps last week and I burned him a copy of a FSM I have for a 96 ZJ on Friday, so he had that this weekend to browse through.

Sister calls at lunch and says the steering is messed up in her 04 Malibu. It's way too easy to turn one way and quite hard to turn the other. These stupid things don't use a conventional method of power steering. Instead, they use a 100% electronic, speed sensitive method. Already pulled MAP sensor codes off the stupid thing last month when I was up there. Me thinks this car will be going bye bye very soon.

Then, mom calls tonight after I get home and says her Jeep "wouldn't work" this morning when they left to go to work. At first it wouldn't crank (like a dead battery), then eventually it would crank but very slowly. Finally got to the point where it would fire for a split second and die immediately. Sounded to me like the battery went flat somehow over the weekend and the computer went dumb. Talked my step dad through how to get it to re-learn idle parameters and to report back. It's running OK now, still tries to cut off every now and then. Might be taking a ride to go try and fix it tomorrow after work.

I'm so ready for the crawl it's not even funny....

Make the Liberty go bye bye too! Your mom has pushed her luck with the thing far too long! ;)

Back