• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Fake boobs.....Damn Glenn, that's an easy one! :scottm:
Aaron knows me so well.

I finished fixing the red jeep (new motor, new o2 sensors, new exhaust, welded up the cracks in the exhaust manifold and tack welded some new studs into the collector + added a new donut gasket) and then took some pictures of the fleet...

svgaoz.jpg

scroll to the right if you don't see it.

I have to have some done too. I'd like to buy you a beer and pick your brain if you are wiling.

I'm not sure I know what you are refering to.

I don't drink, A sweet tea will suffice and you know exactly what he's talking about! :D

Buy me the beer instead....then pick his brain :D

Changed the coolant and swapped in my ZJ fan clutch this evening after work. Loading up my old axle tomorrow evening and setting sail for Glenn's first thing Saturday morning.

Changed the coolant and swapped in my ZJ fan clutch this evening after work. Loading up my old axle tomorrow evening and setting sail for Glenn's first thing Saturday morning.

Wave at me when you go by.

Edit: Nevermind, you'd have to drive 3 hours out of the way to 'go by'. :) Whoops.

Bring a change of clothes and I'll take you uptown to my "source" lol!

Wave at me when you go by.

Edit: Nevermind, you'd have to drive 3 hours out of the way to 'go by'. :) Whoops.

I will! I'll think about you as I pass through Spartanburg!

Just finished installing my intake on the heep.

295191_10151059697538582_2079604056_n.jpg

I listed a Volkswagen tow bar on craigslist yesterday for $40 bucks. It's a plain steel tube that hooks to the front suspension of the car. The only thing on it that's mechanical is the tongue latch that works perfectly fine. It had some dirt on it that I wiped off and other than that it is in mint condition.

A guy txt me 10 minutes after I listed it and said that he had to have it. He said he could be here at 6:30.

I had plans but if I could sell the thing and get it out of my way I was willing to divert slightly.

6:30 came and went. He txt and said he was running a bit late. (He was driving from Easley, an hour drive).

7:30 rolled around and I was getting irritated but he was coming to buy it. He was almost there.

He showed up at 7:42. The guy walked in, shook my hand and proceeded to stare at the tow bar in front of him.

He literally stared at it and handled it for 15 minutes before he spoke.

"Is $40 your bottom dollar?"

"Yes" ( I figured if the guy had driven an hour to get it then he was willing to spend 40 bucks. God knows he spent 50 bucks to drive his vintage falling apart Chevy 2500 down from Easley.)

*Que excuse*
He says, "I have another one I'm going to look at and I'll let you know." Turns and leaves.

/scene

WTH! If you can't afford 40 bucks then why did you waste my time to drive down and look at it!

IMO, if you're not willing to pay the asking price then stay your ass at home! I have better things to do. If you catch a lower price then good for you.

Now, to top it all off, I'm late to dinner with a group of friends. I walk in to the Mexican resturant, sit, order a drink and my food. My drink comes out while we're talking. I take the first sip and the power to the entire town goes out.

Great! Now I'm pissed about this dude AND I'm going hungry!

It's a good thing I ordered a stiff drink!

We finished the night out across the street in the back corner of a hole in the wall bar drinking by the light of a Coleman Lantern sitting on top of the liqour shelf.

Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Got a feeling we'll be seeing more power issues this weekend with the heat. Saw the lights flicker last night about 9pm and the cable went out immediately. No cable means no TV, no internet, and no cell phone signal. So in other words, that was my cue to just fall asleep lol.

100+ means everybody's AC's are at WOT and the power grids can't handle it.

We got nailed by a wind/lightning storm that packed 80mph winds. Trees are down all over and most folks(not me) are out of power. F-it, I'm headed to the beach

I listed a Volkswagen tow bar on craigslist yesterday for $40 bucks. It's a plain steel tube that hooks to the front suspension of the car. The only thing on it that's mechanical is the tongue latch that works perfectly fine. It had some dirt on it that I wiped off and other than that it is in mint condition.

A guy txt me 10 minutes after I listed it and said that he had to have it. He said he could be here at 6:30.

I had plans but if I could sell the thing and get it out of my way I was willing to divert slightly.

6:30 came and went. He txt and said he was running a bit late. (He was driving from Easley, an hour drive).

7:30 rolled around and I was getting irritated but he was coming to buy it. He was almost there.

He showed up at 7:42. The guy walked in, shook my hand and proceeded to stare at the tow bar in front of him.

He literally stared at it and handled it for 15 minutes before he spoke.

"Is $40 your bottom dollar?"

"Yes" ( I figured if the guy had driven an hour to get it then he was willing to spend 40 bucks. God knows he spent 50 bucks to drive his vintage falling apart Chevy 2500 down from Easley.)

*Que excuse*
He says, "I have another one I'm going to look at and I'll let you know." Turns and leaves.

/scene

WTH! If you can't afford 40 bucks then why did you waste my time to drive down and look at it!

IMO, if you're not willing to pay the asking price then stay your ass at home! I have better things to do. If you catch a lower price then good for you.

Now, to top it all off, I'm late to dinner with a group of friends. I walk in to the Mexican resturant, sit, order a drink and my food. My drink comes out while we're talking. I take the first sip and the power to the entire town goes out.

Great! Now I'm pissed about this dude AND I'm going hungry!

It's a good thing I ordered a stiff drink!

We finished the night out across the street in the back corner of a hole in the wall bar drinking by the light of a Coleman Lantern sitting on top of the liqour shelf.

Fun stuff.
that's cl for you.

Put a posting in m4m for him with his cellphone listed.

if he wants to be a dick, maybe he will like the flood of pics of them he'll get...

Head gasket gave out yesterday, began pulling it last night. This morning get it of to find theres a hole in the cylinder wall...FML... Won't be much getting done to my XJ for a while I guess.

Just bought the thing two weeks ago to top it off!

Head gasket gave out yesterday, began pulling it last night. This morning get it of to find theres a hole in the cylinder wall...FML... Won't be much getting done to my XJ for a while I guess.

That sucks.:bawl:

We got nailed by a wind/lightning storm that packed 80mph winds. Trees are down all over and most folks(not me) are out of power. F-it, I'm headed to the beach

A good friend works for Asplundi and got a call to pack his bags he was needed up your way!

That sucks!

Changed Oil, flushed radiator, forgot to buy a thermostat, so Ill have to do it over. Gonna flush trans and take the jeep to a buddys monday to see if he can diagnose my fuel delivery issue.

Leaking somewhere, either pump or injectors.
You don't have to drain all your coolant to do an XJ thermostat do you?

Hung out with Uncc aka Tim... rigged him up some sway bar links that don't punch holes in the unibody! LOL! Ate some good food... sent him across some obstacles at the shop. Bent his exhaust tip and then fixed it! Ate some more good food and drank a brew or two! Will load the jeep on the trailer and pack it tomorrow! Had a great day!

Back