• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

i hate storms here..... weather channel called for damaging hail in the cell that moved in and i scrambled to get the customer rig to the barn, got soaked, and then drove home. now nothing has happened and there's been no hail.... WTF? maybe i take this too seriously after last april where it nearly busted out the car windows around me.

i hate storms here..... weather channel called for damaging hail in the cell that moved in and i scrambled to get the customer rig to the barn, got soaked, and then drove home. now nothing has happened and there's been no hail.... WTF? maybe i take this too seriously after last april where it nearly busted out the car windows around me.

The way this season's been so far, you can't help but be cautious. Upper 80's half a dozen times in March? Yeah, that's not normal. When I left work tonight we were hearing thunder from a storm 60 miles away that looked like it was coming right for us. It fell apart at the last minute and all we got was some rain and a temperature shock.

Teal B*tch got a set of Rugged Ridge Vent Visors. I need a set for the DD now!

IMG_20120406_192716.jpg

That's a good price! I have some in-channel ones from Weathertech on mine that I paid $70 for a few years ago.

I had a productive Friday today. Go some new BFG A/T 33 inch tires on the heep. Also mounted my Cobra 29 in it, just waiting for my firestik, and ill be ready to URE next week.

Managed to mangle a 760 somewhere around November and just found it last night. it would move freely one way but not the other, I believe that was my "locker noise" I thought I had. went ahead and replaced the pins and springs in it, changed the shaft then put a beefy diff cover on it. We'll find out tomorrow when we are wheeling! :D Hope my issue is resolved now. One less thing to do before the crawl. Also got the hole in my muffler welded up thanks to my buddy.

Pics of my heep currently with the 33s, and cobra 29LX installed.
PICT0203.jpg

PICT0205.jpg

PICT0208.jpg

finished the stiffeys on the work job...... smoothest set yet, you can see all the rosettes but i really didn't put too much effort into making it perfectly smooth, just knocked the round off the welds with a flappy.
IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Doug!

I ran orange trail at the badlands Saturday. Did pretty good at not banging the hell out of my pretty rig. My buddy Neal didn't fair as well. Crushed his rear quarter, tail light and ripped his bumper off the passenger mount. Its a beater so he's not worried. I no longer have a loud pop coming from my ujoint. Now I just need to order a couple 760's and do the full circle clips.

It's a good thing I don't live close to Doug. It wouldn't end well for my wallet....

Back