• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Day Wheeling at Moonrocks

DAMAGE:

DSCI0003-1.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0004-1.jpg

yeah it was a blast!!!! it seems each trip out there i hit a new-to-me line and i keep pushing it where it shouldnt be. i still drive home each time. you know when youre having too much fun when all the yota guys are cheering for you!

whats up A? we wheelin?

Well that is the best part. We will be getting out soon to do some wheeling. I have to finsh some chit on the rig.

MY 3 DAY BEAT-THE-JEEP-FEST ENDED BADLY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ulaTxzSSFs

I am guessing you drove on a busted axle, it slid out and pushed up your outer as it spun, spliting your ball joints and ripping the wheel off? Looks like your break line was still ok, but how bad was the Tie-rod end?

I know . . . because I've done that! :dunce:

Some ball joints and a new axle and you are running in less then an hour! I always have them parts as trail spares, even on the easy trails.

nah, almost had the line up a small waterfall and slipped into a bad spot. couldnt turn the wheel, couldnt go backwards or forwards. winch wouldnt pull me out ( nobody noticed my passenger slider was anchored on a rock ) so we tried tugging ( hard ). bad idea. was told my u-joint popped but when i got out and looked i found the knuckle almost off the C in addition to the u-joint. had to keep going forward after ratchet-strapping the knuck to the C. got 5 feet and the knuck was sitting at 45 degrees. parked it there, started tearing down on the spot. buddy went down the road to get me ball joints and another buddy got a press. worst part is the C is toast cuz the ball joint holes got messed up. the upper ball joint went in by TAPPING IT WITH THE HAMMER! at least the lower i had to press in. tie rod is toasted also, has a couple bends in it.

Im at work with no access to any pictures, so that will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.

However, minus the cold weather at night, I had an absolute blast! Its a drive, but worth it if our other option is Hollister.

No breakage in our group, everyone kept the shinny side down, and everyone had a good time.

Thanks to the Reno guys who came out and showed us around, hope you guys had a good time as well.

I drove my rig out there, did nothing but watch everyone else wheel, and still had a great day.

A bit more of a head's up next time, and I will make sure the buggy is in order and bring it out and let everyone who fits have a go in it.

i had a great time with all of you, im glad my junk held together til sunday and we got to meet. now im doin a full width swap, cheaper than building another d30!

I drove my rig out there, did nothing but watch everyone else wheel, and still had a great day.

A bit more of a head's up next time, and I will make sure the buggy is in order and bring it out and let everyone who fits have a go in it.

im taking you up on this!!! :looney:

Back