• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truss and rear shock cage! ZJ

Upper and lower mounts in, i'll have better pics tomorrow. :D.. still trying to see where to mount the resi

SANY0392.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, i was thinking there or where ever the tire wont hit it. I came out with 6 up and 6 down of travel so when i setup the bumps, the tire wont hit the resi. i hope..hahha

it will still hit it if you compress the axle at anything other than perfectly flat with your tires straight ahead. I ripped a resi off there, and forward towards the bumper, and back on the firewall towards the door. the only mounting place i could keep tire marks from showing up on the resevoirs and hoses was when they were clamped onto the shock body.

behind the spring is better than in front. the thing is once you start moving the tires really bounce all over the place. especially if you hit a bump on a hard turn. look here this is where I had the last one run - i run cheapo shocks cause I kept tearing them up :D

36015_1419031649474_1643138606_1023196_2150198_n.jpg

the tire hits the hose pretty regularly, and the resi itself was covered in rubber marks. I had a set of foxes on there for awhile with the resis mounted to the shock bodies and thats the only place i never had skid marks show up on them. Ignore the fact that the bump can is completely taco'd in haha.

Yea you can see where the tire hits the hose, well i guess i will have to try it behind the spring with the resi up front. Hopefully nothing rubs.:eek:

Ok we decided where to put the resi. We checked different ways and ended up with this.

SANY0405.jpg

I liked the way this looked but the hose would hit just like grimm's

SANY0402.jpg

That will get done after the front plates go in, im buying a house so that is why im doing all of this ASAP..hahaa cause after that i wont be able to do nothing!!!

Little Update!

Here are a few pics of the new front bumper and the rear mostly done, just need the mounts for the y strap and a few other things. In the front it needs the frame rail tie in's, side support and the aluminum skid plate.

SANY0502.jpg

SANY0506.jpg

Back