• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow trucks...

My thoughts exactly, the dents were incosistent, as far as the total radius of the dents were twice the size of the bolt.

Oh well, Jeeps home now, and I filed a complaint on the tow company. I also installed newly cut stock flares (well, only drivers side right now) because I'm tired of road crud flying on my window.

~Scott

Have you checked your motor mounts?

Willy

Have you checked your motor mounts?

Willy

I already know they suck...they sag about an inch from the top of the metal. BUTTTT I can't afford new ones right now.

~Scott

when I tow (ya Im a tow truck driver )I make choices on safety. I also know what my truck can and cant do.I also know the local roads so if it could be icey I wont endanger any body else by doing some thing that is beyond the capablity of my equipment. And as for pulling cars out of ditches ya you make good money off thoes but you are also taking more of a risk sitten there pulling some one out knowing that one went into the ditch there and another one could come along and collect you going into the ditch that your blocking.(and yes I have made good money from these last storms and the not so smart drivers )

Last edited:
Ceb0217...I'm not hating on tow truck drivers, I fully respect what you guys do...some of it takes balls. However, I was angry that the company agreed to help me after I told them the conditions, and they made me wait. Then they didn't even bother calling me when they were supposed to show about how they weren't coming, they called me a half hour later saying they weren't coming. I wasted my time, and my gas from idling for so long (it was 30 degress, you would too) and for that I'am angry.

~Scott

Hey guys I live in woodinville and own a few tow trucks also have lots of freinds with them.We can help most of the time and way cheap. All private.I'm in the book only one with this name in town execpt my son.Never afraid of weather ,think it's fun.Got nice shop and fab skills too.Most of the time also have parts XJ in yard.Not an add just willing to help.

I already know they suck...they sag about an inch from the top of the metal. BUTTTT I can't afford new ones right now.

~Scott

New ones are like $18 each new. You will also need the oil filter adapter o-rings, as you will have to remove it to get the motor mount bolt out.

Get them, go to a window shop, have them fill the empty space between the rubber and the metal with urathane(sp?), and you'll be good to go.

New ones are like $18 each new. You will also need the oil filter adapter o-rings, as you will have to remove it to get the motor mount bolt out.

Get them, go to a window shop, have them fill the empty space between the rubber and the metal with urathane(sp?), and you'll be good to go.

I should...I just have a hard time wanting to do much to the Jeep in this weather since I dont get to use the garage. :bawl:

~Scott

I've been a tow truck driver for 15+ years. The company i work for is very well known in the area. every one of our trucks has 24 hour roadside service. it doesnt matter what the weather is, we provide a service. granted road conditions may increase response time, but we never leave a customer on the road.
it irks me that a professional would do that. sorry this happened to you. if anybody get stranded in The Portage WI area, we will come get you, no matter what the conditions are!
Tracy

Back