• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TORXreport: Moab - 30th XJ Anniversary Event

Fantastic write-up!

Kane Creek morning
IMG_0510.jpg

Kane Creek afternoon

IMG_0619.jpg

Several canyons feed into Kane Creek, glad your group made it out safely.

I was looking forward to the TORX report. It was great to meet you finally. And his name is Jon! :D

reading this was a awesome way to kill some time at work! thanks

Thanks, guys!

Maybe i'll see you at EJS 14...
Doubtful. As awesome as Moab is, I want to see some new area, and check out some new events. I really want to see what WinterFest and NACFest are all about. :D
I was looking forward to the TORX report. It was great to meet you finally. And his name is Jon! :D
You too, Aaron.

I had a hunch it was Jon and not Greg, haha. Sorry, Jon. I met a lot of people in a weeks time, and way too many John/Jon(s).
Great write-up. Glad we had a chance to meet. I hope my snoring wasn't too loud...
I got no complaints, neighbor. Nice meeting you, Kelly.
Great write up Dustin. I got to get Wilbur out there someday.
You got five years, Mr. Ed. ;)

BTW, I have a video of the creek crossing I will post up soon. It shows you when you took the picture of me crossing and then a few seconds later. B

I know you like driving your rig and all but winterfest is a haul for you. Fly out and well find you a seat. I'm 50 minutes from Indianapolis international, I'll pick you up.

Thanks for the comprehensive trip report!
Passing the bird. Apparently Thom rubbed it's feet for good luck.
The version I have heard of this superstition is that it is bad luck to run over the Gooney Bird's toes. Hence the part of the road that swings wide of the bird. Did he rub them with his hand... or his tires?
We got to some bonus climbs, and that's where Thom decided to have a yard sale.
The curse of the Gooney Bird?

I know you like driving your rig and all but winterfest is a haul for you. Fly out and well find you a seat. I'm 50 minutes from Indianapolis international, I'll pick you up.

when is winterfest exactly? march?

Re: Re: TORXreport: Moab - 30th XJ Anniversary Event

when is winterfest exactly? march?

In the winter, Jon. Duh! You can probably look in the "past events" section to get a time frame

Back