• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too much jeep stuff in college appartment

asp

NAXJA Forum User
so, my secondset of tires (that's not on the jeep) ended up in the bathroom. gotta love handicapped appartments. going to have an axle to go under the kitchen sink in a week or so too :scottm:

0929080115.jpg

Last edited:
who on earth put those tires in there??!!? ;) haha. very nice

Hey join the club! My last apartment in Boston had my sliders on the entire living room floor, skids in the kitchen and porch, etc etc. I chose to move a lot further from school just so I'd be able to have a basement where I now have my workbench, axles, tcase, and so on

a couple years ago when i had a set of 36" IROKs i had em stored behind my bed, decided they were to big to run on the jeep then sold em, to buy lift, all those parts(leafs coils ect) were also stored behind the bed untill they were installed, no more of that at the new place though, having a basement (wich now gots 2 rear axles, 2 4.0's, and a bunch of other Jeep parts and pieces off my old f150) and a garage(wich has the jeep) sure is nice.

haha nice. i guess i should mention the torn apart np231 in my bedroom with the trac bar, all my hand and power tools, and gears for my 8.25 too. hopefully soon it's all going in.

When I was still in school, I had a set of corbeau baja buckets in front of the TV for a while. The 5 point harness came in handy on more than1 night of drinking

Haha... nice!

All I'm gonna say is there is a reason why the college I attend has a policy on a 40lb weight limit on packages sent in. ;)

Now I just have everything sent to my house. I don't get it as fast, but being that the Jeep doesn't leave the jackstands there it kinda makes more sense.

Oh yeah we had a party a few weeks ago, and the next morning I found my ~200lb D30 on the floor, instead of 2 feet up on it's jackstands. Somebody was very close to having had a very hurt toe (or not one at all!) from the control arm brackets! I now cover it all with a tarp like a mad scientist for parties

Oh yeah we had a party a few weeks ago, and the next morning I found my ~200lb D30 on the floor, instead of 2 feet up on it's jackstands. Somebody was very close to having had a very hurt toe (or not one at all!) from the control arm brackets! I now cover it all with a tarp like a mad scientist for parties

i'm kind of worried about that happening to my new D30 when i get it next weekend. i'm buying billy's D30 with 4.56 and tru trac. good to know they weigh about 200 though. i wasn't sure how much they weighed.

Haha... nice!

All I'm gonna say is there is a reason why the college I attend has a policy on a 40lb weight limit on packages sent in. ;)

Now I just have everything sent to my house. I don't get it as fast, but being that the Jeep doesn't leave the jackstands there it kinda makes more sense.

yeah i have some stuff sent to a friend's off-campus house that he rents, but travis (5spd_xj) brought me those tires. although, i do have a set of gears and install kit coming soon so that might not be that light.

i'm kind of worried about that happening to my new D30 when i get it next weekend. i'm buying billy's D30 with 4.56 and tru trac. good to know they weigh about 200 though. i wasn't sure how much they weighed.

Well, I kinda pulled the 200lb number out of my ass, but it's definately too heavy for one person to transport. Mine though still does not have shafts, hub bearings, or brakes in it, so i'm sure when those get put in it'll top the 200lb mark.

Well, I kinda pulled the 200lb number out of my ass, but it's definately too heavy for one person to transport. Mine though still does not have shafts, hub bearings, or brakes in it, so i'm sure when those get put in it'll top the 200lb mark.

speaking of the alcohol and not being able to carry a d30 by oneself...i've seen it done. they regretted it later. and it was pretty damn humorous hah:dunce:

haha we'll find out in a week or so. i'm sure my girlfriend's room mates would love it if i dropped that sucker on the weight watcher's scale.

thank god i have i garage, a basement, a shed and a backyard to keep stuff. Now i just need a new set of tires to take up space

like i said, i've got 2 sets.... thankfully i have a friend that's letting me keep one set at his place off campus. it's gonna be a bit more full when i get your/my axle.... btw, did you talk to bob, billy?

i have to send him the meeting place, it sounds like hes interested

sweet. i think i'm going to ask him to bring something back to spencer that someone is buying off of me... just tow hooks and brackets.

thank god i have i garage, a basement, a shed and a backyard to keep stuff.

X2!!! here's what my old 3rd floor apartment used to look like mid jeep project...

new tires for the dd'er in the living room

IMG_8660.jpg

2 waggy d44's on the porch

IMG_8662.jpg

as well as misc tools and fluids

IMG_8663.jpg

spare bedroom / workshop with all sorts of projects and spare parts laid out

IMG_8664.jpg

but when not all spralled out, everything has its place

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8667.jpg

I can't remember where I was, or what I was doing, but a guy next door to the house I was at came home in his truck. I watched him to go the back and pick up an axle and walk it into his shed like it was nothing. :eek: The man did not look exceptionally muscular, so we were all pretty amazed.

sweet. i think i'm going to ask him to bring something back to spencer that someone is buying off of me... just tow hooks and brackets.

ill be there i was going to go take the quad out with chris, XbadleeJ, but i rather wheell :clap: ill be more than glad to take the hook brackets, maybe ill swap one for my P.O.S bent one haha j/k:rolleyes:

ill be there i was going to go take the quad out with chris, XbadleeJ, but i rather wheell :clap: ill be more than glad to take the hook brackets, maybe ill swap one for my P.O.S bent one haha j/k:rolleyes:
hahah i was going to try to unload them to you a while ago but you never bit. ooooh well. aight dude, i'll see you tomorow.

Back