• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The WF 2012 Swap Meet

FYI: Anybody who is looking for a cheap (probably less than $100) upgrade to there Dana 35 rear, there is a 1996 Cherokee with an 8.25 with 4.10 gears at pick-a-part in Indianapolis, IN. I only passed on it since I have already upgraded to a dana 44. Good luck. I took the front Dana 30 HP.:patriot:

Does it have the 4.10 30 in it too?

;)

Does it have the 4.10 30 in it too?

Yeah, I took the Dana 30 HP with the 4.10's. Now all I have to do is find Dana 44 rear 4.10 gears. I should be able to find them in an Isuzu Rodeo or Honda Passport. :patriot:

Yeah, I took the Dana 30 HP with the 4.10's. Now all I have to do is find Dana 44 rear 4.10 gears. I should be able to find them in an Isuzu Rodeo or Honda Passport. :patriot:

Rodeo and passport are 6-lug axles....

Dana 30 w/ 4.10's, Powertrax locker with recent rebuild, Teraflex cast diff cover, Detours LCA skids, cast disco housing with 297 joint long shafts, new calipers and pads, new ball joints less then 20 miles ago. This thing has been wheeled, but is a good axle none the less. It will not have any steering linkage on it. I rana custom built inverted T set up with QA1 rod ends.

Chrysler 8.25 29 spline, 4.10's, Powertrax locker w/ recent rebuild, rock ring diff guard, ZJ rear disk conversion, extra set of shafts, spring perches positioned up 2 degrees, raised shock mounts. This too has been wheeled, but is good shape.

I will only sell as a pair. Asking $1000/pair, but open to a CASH offer.

I am thinking that these will be replaced under my rig by WF, so if someone wants to shoot me a reasonable cash offer they will likely own these. lets deal if you have any interest!

Here is a list of stuff I have and can bring along if someone wants any of it.

I have two AW4 transmissions. One is from a 2000 and the other is from my '98. Both have right around 130,000 miles on them. I know the '98 is good and working well because it was in my Jeep up until my motor problems. The 2000 should be good as well but I never had possession of it while it was in a running Jeep.

Chrysler 8.25" from my '98. It has 4.56 gears and an ARB and is complete drum to drum. Everything was working when removed. I replaced it because at the time 4.88's were not available. It also includes a home made skid plate that is very effective at keep this lower lip from getting caught on stuff yet reduces ground Clearence very little. This of course is the 29 spline model.

I have a spare 8.25 housing.

2 spare 29 spline 8.25 shafts

Mostly any interior part from a 2000 with a grey interior.

All of the side glass from a '00, non-tinted.

All of the power window motors from the '00

A full grey carpet set from the 2000. In very nice shape

Grey seats from the 2000. All are in good shape but the drivers seat has a burn hole in it

Grey head liner, again from the 2000. Not perfect but nothing sagging and could likely be cleaned pretty easily.

'98 4.0L motor. Motor has about 130,000 miles on it. At about 120,000 miles I replaced the oil pump and put a high volume pump in it. At about 130,000 miles the input of that new oil pump broke while driving. I drove it about 1 mile with no oil pressure. Once home I replaced the oil pump with a standard volume pump, and also replaced the timing chain. I couldn't get the motor to run after that. When I had the Pan off the motor still seemed to be in good shape. The cam still had oil dripping off of it and none of the lobes were worn. I actually believe it to still be in usable condition but I have no way of confirming it because I didn't run it again. I also have no clue as to why it wouldn't start when I replaced the oil pump and timing chain. I'm willing to bring it along and someone can have it for the price of a few beers around the camp fire. If nothing else it has a brand new oil pump. The water pump is also fairly new. IIRC though I put the original chain back into the motor in an effort to get it to run. This thing could either be rebuilt, or parts used from it, or someone could actually install it and see if it could be used as is.

If interested in having me bring any of this make me an offer and we'll see what we can work out.

Forgot some other things.

I have a 242 t-case with a Tom Wood SYE.

I also have a 231 t-case from a '97 Dakota. It is identicle to the 231's in our Jeeps.

B

'98 4.0L motor. Motor has about 130,000 miles on it. At about 120,000 miles I replaced the oil pump and put a high volume pump in it. At about 130,000 miles the input of that new oil pump broke while driving. I drove it about 1 mile with no oil pressure. Once home I replaced the oil pump with a standard volume pump, and also replaced the timing chain. I couldn't get the motor to run after that. When I had the Pan off the motor still seemed to be in good shape. The cam still had oil dripping off of it and none of the lobes were worn. I actually believe it to still be in usable condition but I have no way of confirming it because I didn't run it again. I also have no clue as to why it wouldn't start when I replaced the oil pump and timing chain. I'm willing to bring it along and someone can have it for the price of a few beers around the camp fire. If nothing else it has a brand new oil pump. The water pump is also fairly new. IIRC though I put the original chain back into the motor in an effort to get it to run. This thing could either be rebuilt, or parts used from it, or someone could actually install it and see if it could be used as is.
How complete is it? Im kind of interested if I can come up with the room.

Pretty complete. As of now it has no injectors or rail, but the rail can go with. I also pulled the tstat housing for a friend but I can likely get you his old one if you need it. It has a late model intake too. None of the accessories are there, I.e. the alternator, power steering pump, and the ac compressor. Other than that the motor is complete.

B

Pretty complete. As of now it has no injectors or rail, but the rail can go with. I also pulled the tstat housing for a friend but I can likely get you his old one if you need it. It has a late model intake too. None of the accessories are there, I.e. the alternator, power steering pump, and the ac compressor. Other than that the motor is complete.

B

Im just trying to think of a way to get it home.

Here is a list of stuff I have and can bring along if someone wants any of it.

I have two AW4 transmissions. One is from a 2000 and the other is from my '98. Both have right around 130,000 miles on them. I know the '98 is good and working well because it was in my Jeep up until my motor problems. The 2000 should be good as well but I never had possession of it while it was in a running Jeep.

Chrysler 8.25" from my '98. It has 4.56 gears and an ARB and is complete drum to drum. Everything was working when removed. I replaced it because at the time 4.88's were not available. It also includes a home made skid plate that is very effective at keep this lower lip from getting caught on stuff yet reduces ground Clearence very little. This of course is the 29 spline model.

I have a spare 8.25 housing.

2 spare 29 spline 8.25 shafts

Mostly any interior part from a 2000 with a grey interior.

All of the side glass from a '00, non-tinted.

All of the power window motors from the '00

A full grey carpet set from the 2000. In very nice shape

Grey seats from the 2000. All are in good shape but the drivers seat has a burn hole in it

Grey head liner, again from the 2000. Not perfect but nothing sagging and could likely be cleaned pretty easily.

If interested in having me bring any of this make me an offer and we'll see what we can work out.
What are you looking to get out of the Cry 8.25? I'm trying to work a deal on a pair of axles currently but if it falls through I may be interested if the price is right.

Mr. Loose, I have a buddy needing a front passenger window regulator. Sixer of beer for it?

Im just trying to think of a way to get it home.

Also figure a way to get it from my trailer or back of my pickup on to your trailer. I have a hoist at the house but it's not really portable. Also, these motors are anything but light.

B

Back