• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

It might just be the pics but it looks like your welds are just stacks of small individual beads rather than continuous. I can't tell from the pics but make sure you're also beveling all of this thicker stuff with your smaller welder.

It might just be the pics but it looks like your welds are just stacks of small individual beads rather than continuous. I can't tell from the pics but make sure you're also beveling all of this thicker stuff with your smaller welder.
there all continuous, i did bevel some pieces but not all

just made a trackbar for mockup, 1x1 .125 wall box with some 3/4 jam nuts welded to it
tb_003.JPG

tb_004.JPG

tb_005.JPG

works cherry, now ill beable to figure out all clearences and tb lenth before i make the final tb

boxed in the UCA mount and added a gusset
0017.JPG

0032.JPG

also added a gusset to the tb bracket

0051.JPG

this week i will finish gusseting axle mounts and steering should be done(minus hydro assist)

badass :thumbup:

gots a tj pitman arm so now i can check steering angles, wich DL and pitman arm are only 1.5 degrees diffrent, under full stuff track bar and D60 like to become friends so ill have to bumpstop acordingly not so much goin on this week as i gots reg and inspect. to deal with on the dd

got a inch between tb and oilpan
0062.JPG

Hi Mr 60, Hello Mr Bar of Trackin
0075.JPG

Angles, there close enough
0101.JPG

looks rather stupendous, sir!! :thumbup:

Do you have room to move the whole track bar assembly forward about 2"? That would afford you a longer track bar and eliminate any hi5ing.

I got nothin' other than that. Lookin good :thumbup:

Do you have room to move the whole track bar assembly forward about 2"? That would afford you a longer track bar and eliminate any hi5ing.

I got nothin' other than that. Lookin good :thumbup:
frame side there no good area to mount to, after watching travis's seperate there im keepin it where it is
Judging by this picture, it looks like the TB could be pushed forward some. But then again, where are you mounting the teirod Rob? OTK stock arms? Under high steer arm? Over high steer arm?

everything on on top if hi steer arms, tie rod might end up below if it desides to become friendly with pitman arm

Rob you could make a brace to run from drivers side to passenger side to get rid of that issue
I planned on doing this to mine no matter what.

After driving both with and without the RE 1670 I don't think I'd ever go back to without.

i still gotta play more with cycling the suspention ill prob do that tomorow night i got other issues to fight with then the tb and diff

Back