• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

there have been times i wish i was narrower, and i'm not all that wide in comparison.

but there have also been times i wish i was wider. everything this a compromise

oh. youll be fine to get on a trailer. once you get to 102" DOT becomes unhappy if you dont have permits

it may not be a part but it sure will help
welda_002.jpg

im so excited

turn it on and melt some stuff :thumbup:

need gas and a helmet first, gotta wait till fri for those

it may not be a part but it sure will help
welda_002.jpg

im so excited

I've got one just like that. It's a slightly older model. The only problem I've had with that one is the trigger doesn't like to work half the time. Seems like everytime I went to use it the small wire that goes to the trigger had a break in it that I had to track down. SO, I just ran a piece of drop cord down the outside of the wire sheath and use it. Works like a charm. It'll occasionally overheat but that might have something to do with my 2foot long beads. lol

ive been putting the new welder to use the past week, today started my first real project for the jeep, its the base/mount for the fuel cell, top will get some sort of foam to protect the cell
fuel_cell_base_009.jpg

fuel_cell_base_013.jpg

Looking good! Hefty looking mount. Are you putting it above were the stocker would be?
Do you know what you are using for a pump yet?

Looking good! Hefty looking mount. Are you putting it above were the stocker would be?
Do you know what you are using for a pump yet?
yes it will be above where the stocker would be, not sure what pump im gonna use, i was considering copying your setup

yes it will be above where the stocker would be, not sure what pump im gonna use, i was considering copying your setup
I like my setup, it works really well. I would add a check valve though so the fuel doesn't drain back. You could probably do it much cheaper without the -AN fittings.

I like my setup, it works really well. I would add a check valve though so the fuel doesn't drain back. You could probably do it much cheaper without the -AN fittings.
what did you use for the vent? i want somthin to prevent spilling in a rollover

what did you use for the vent? i want somthin to prevent spilling in a rollover
I used a SUM-G3114 in the top (had to open up the hole a little). A quick loop and then to the outside with a cheap crankcase vent. I will grab some pictures in a bit.

Here you go Rob. The vent comes out of that rollover valve I posted above, then into a 90 degree fitting a quick loop and then through the floor to the outside and a braided line to hose barb adapter. Outside I used a $3 crankcase vent.

The rollover, 90 degree and loop:
FuelSystemVentLoop.jpg

The vent, you can also see the rear axle breather going inside and the fuel supply going to the engine.
FuelSystemVentUnderside.jpg

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

I'm infinitely jealous.

Jealous of what? Better not be Rob.

And here I am thinking I was that one with brain damage from all the fiberglass, epoxy, toluene, and multi-part urethane paints I've been licking and huffing the past few years.

--Matt :D

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

Jealous of what? Better not be Rob.

And here I am thinking I was that one with brain damage from all the fiberglass, epoxy, toluene, and multi-part urethane paints I've been licking and huffing the past few years.

--Matt :D
im so doin a frt dig on your hood at nac fest

Back