• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

the steering angles, this aint the final steering angles i will be ditching the stock xj pitman arm for a tj pitman arm wich sits 5/8" or a inch higher(stock tie rod is there for wieght balance)

won_tang_082.jpg

won_tang_081.jpg

Getting there Rob.
How much are you pushing the front axle forward?

fronts only going forward 1.5"
I sure you have but have you checked the clearances between the footwells and the tire?
I had originally planned about that much but ended up stretching it about another 1" or so so that I wouldn't have to rework that part of the floor for tire clearance. Way easier to move it more now than to find out later and have to redo the lower mounts on the axle like I did.

I sure you have but have you checked the clearances between the footwells and the tire?
I had originally planned about that much but ended up stretching it about another 1" or so so that I wouldn't have to rework that part of the floor for tire clearance. Way easier to move it more now than to find out later and have to redo the lower mounts on the axle like I did.
theres a little tire rub but not much, remember that my tires measure a lil over 36" and i got stazies with 2"bs

didnt get much done today as i was playing taxi for my siblings, did get the hood pins installed
won_tang_091.jpg

i did this for a couple reasons, first is i hate the factory latch/cable set up, every xj ive owned ive broken it, and 2nd is saftey, id theres a fire i want the hood to be opened quickly

stated on mocking up the upper link, axle end will have 7/5-8ish inches of separation and 6-7ish at the frame end(still gotta cut the floor for that)
won_tang_097.jpg

won_tang_099.jpg

this morning i made a call to Doug at Extreme Axle Sales, ordered a set of 10 factory shafts for the frt 60 and yukons for the rear 60, next week lower control arms will be made and steering stuff will be ordered, steering and track bar will all be made from 1.25" 5/16 wall dom that will be direct tapped for 3/4-3/4 hiems

nice dude! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm gonna steal the front shafts

forgot to add that im gonna ditch the aw4 for a ax15

got some 35 spline awsomeness today, frts are 10 factory 4340 shafts rear are Yukon 4340's
won_tang_113.jpg

also today i ordered hiems for my steering and D60 diffcovers from ruffstuff

I don't see any pictures of cats

I don't see any pictures of cats
the gangster cat is out so no pics of him, the other 2 cats in the house arent worthy of a pic with so much awsomeness

very nice, pal! :thumbup:

nice, cant wait to see it all done and wheeling

started messing with the rear disc tonite just to see how everything sits, i still gotta extend the tabs .25" so the caliper will clear the rotor (more info here http://www.bsfab.net/?p=85) and with my awsome stazies i wont need to pull the wheel to change pads or calipers, i may also get fierce disc traction on the rocks

won_tang_117.jpg

Back