• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

Great imagination. lol

got some goodies in the past couple days

first some .25" wheel spacers, need em so my super cool crome lugnuts wont bottom out on the rear 60, it does say not to use em on station wagons or off road vechicles so i guess im screwed
Picture_009.jpg

also got D70 simple swap kit and disk brackets for the 60ISU the disk brackets need to be extended a 1/4" other then that there perfect for a 60 isu
Picture_016.jpg

got a 3 day weekend coming up plans include, pull crossmember and redrill holes to shift trans to the pass side, make spacer for trans mount, make mounts for 60, weld new spring perches to rear 60 and get that under jeep

LCA mounts anyone:yelclap:
Picture_059.jpg

since all the buggy guys are goin with alum links to save wieght id figure id 1up them and use pvc links
Picture_061.jpg

got lca mounts and the bases for my coil buckets welded on yestrerday(thanks to nhrocker for welding it all up), lca mounts will get boxed in a little and coil buckets will have 4"od tube in the middlle to hold the coil in place, i just wanted to get the lca mounts in and coil bases so i can figure location for uca mount and control arm lenths

Pics
frt60_001.jpg

frt60_003.jpg

frt60_004.jpg

nothin much goin on at the moment due to lack of funds, right now im workin on relocating all the shifters closer to me, picked up some Miata seats last fri, they fell real awsome, and theres some D30 stuff thats gonna go onto my D60:eyes:

nothing to cool goin on at the moment, hopefully in the next few weeks it can be upgraded to roller status, but for now..

got some miata seats from 5spdxj
garage_013.jpg

also, ive been tryin to figure out a way to secure the coil from moving around, and found the solution...
garage_010.jpg

look familier, its part of a d30 unit bearing minus the 3 mounting flanges, works perfect, just needs to be welded

trimming has started to fit the 38's(It was trimmed for 35's before), the frt axle is pushed forward 1.5", next week i will be working on the uppr link for the 3 link and steering

goodbye horn braket
won_tang_037.jpg

header panel, meet mr swampah(im gona add a chink of tube behind the header panel to protect it from the tire)
won_tang_041.jpg

more sheet metal goin bye bye
won_tang_044.jpg

looks like the floor will have a date with mr bfh
won_tang_051.jpg

not bad
won_tang_052.jpg

some orange things are bout ready to break out and make there way onto the 60, plan is to do so tomorow after work, just need to getsome locktite, grease and nuts after work tomorow

won_tang_067.jpg

and just because i cant instal pretty knuckes with rusty parts i painted the spindles, brake brackets and hubs(hubs are from cali so are rust free)
won_tang_062.jpg

won_tang_064.jpg

If you decide the orange things won't match your paint scheme I'll buy em for the same price as I'm buying those other things :)

If you decide the orange things won't match your paint scheme I'll buy em for the same price as I'm buying those other things :)
only if you paint your axles blue

I think those orange things would be very nicely complemented by a set of axleshafts with orange things on them

I think those orange things would be very nicely complemented by a set of axleshafts with orange things on them
you wanna donate the money cuz that aint gonna happen, the 60's will get 10 factories, o and just cuz i can

FRONT DIG!

got Ried knuckles and Balistic hi steer arms on the 60, fri i will make the brakets for the upper link and tb brackets, next thurs i will be ordering 10 factory shafts for the 60's

won_tang_074.jpg

gorgeous

Back