• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

Re: Just a Cherokee on tons

Actually did some work to it today, started at 11 this morning and spent all day installing driveplate and trans in it, it hasnt ran since i pulled the orig. trans back in nov of 07, after turning ove the engine for a litle bit with the coil unplugged to get the oil pressure up it fired rigfht up, no smoke and no knocking, now i just need to get the new motor in the dd done so i can get work done to this one and get back out wheelin

this arrived today

atrlas_001.JPG

i supose its about time to start installing all this crap

holy crap that thing is absolutely beastly.

now that the motor swap in the DD is done im finally able to get this thing back into the garage, plan by fri is to have it on jackstands where i think final ride hieght will be then start dealin with gettin 60 mocked up and getting motor/trans and tcase set
the_95_003.JPG

(blacked out lenses and red headlights may or maynot stay)

When I look at the front of your jeep all I can think of is......

Johnny_5.jpg
ive decided against the black lenses and red lights, goin back to orig, saturday i got the srw hubs on the 60 and got that under neath for mockup, with the srw hubs there 1.5"-2" of space between the inside lug and the outside of the fender, heres a pic, frt is at about 3" of lift, gonna end up with around 5"
jeep_043.JPG

a pics of all the hub goodies mocked in place

Kaylas_grad_n_show_014.JPG

today i picked up a set of jcr tail light boxes from redneckboarder, gave em a quick coat of paint to see how they will look, came out ok, im gonna weld in a patch where the side light is as im not gonna run one
jeep_038.JPG

after nac fest some real progress will be hapening

Oooo looks whats hiding, looks like some serious floor mods will be requiered for a driveshaft and possibly relocating both pedals
chandeler_003.JPG

its kinda like a chandeler in a haunted house
chandeler_005.JPG

2 levers for 4wd, does this mean i can have 8wd:wierd:
chandeler_007.JPG

i suggest puttign jamb nuts on the allthread for the shifter linkages. mine liked to fall out all the time...cheap insurance

i suggest puttign jamb nuts on the allthread for the shifter linkages. mine liked to fall out all the time...cheap insurance
does yours have the heat shrink on them? i gotta install mine

cleaned up the unneeded mounts on the 60, now time to make link mounts and coil buckets

0021.JPG

003.JPG

picked up a piece of 11"x48"x.25" cold rolled steel plate today, just needs a wire wheel to clean it up, i will be making control arm and trackbar mounts from it aswell as coilbuckets
steel_001.JPG

haha already got the box covered in stickers huh? :thumbup: nice!!

reclocked the Atlas today, also installed new poly trans mount, the daystar mount i used is centred, factory mount is offset to the pass side, so im gonna redrill the clayton crossmember .75" to the pass side, im also gonna add a .25" spacer between the trans and trans mount for clearence between the clayton crossmember and Atlas, heres a pic of before and after of reclocking, ill still will have to take a little out of the floor but wont be nearly as bad as before and pedals will stay in place

Before
0042.JPG

After
reclock_002.JPG

i also made some control arm mounts out of 1/4" wood for mockup never took pics of em though

Last edited:

Its really hard to tell from the pic, but the drivelne still wont clear? The tube on the driveline is definitely smaller than the flange on the end of that atlas... Wait I think I just saw what I thought was a shadow but was actually a chunk of floor you already took out?? As far as that daystar mount, I ordered the same one from rustys. The picture showed a mount offset just like the stock one... I called them and accused them of sending me the wrong mount. Oops, why dont they offset those guys. I was also gonna make a suggestion to grab a rail shifter and setup from Rad Design so you could really control that AW4.

Like the build, Looking forward to the progress.

Its really hard to tell from the pic, but the drivelne still wont clear? The tube on the driveline is definitely smaller than the flange on the end of that atlas... Wait I think I just saw what I thought was a shadow but was actually a chunk of floor you already took out?? As far as that daystar mount, I ordered the same one from rustys. The picture showed a mount offset just like the stock one... I called them and accused them of sending me the wrong mount. Oops, why dont they offset those guys. I was also gonna make a suggestion to grab a rail shifter and setup from Rad Design so you could really control that AW4.

Like the build, Looking forward to the progress.
the pic is with the camera resting on top of the pinion yoke, at ride hight a 3" driveshaft would clear but on up travel it will rub, i guess thats what i get for running 5" of lift with 60's, and yeah im be getting some sort of aw4 shifter eventually, ill look into the rail shifter, thanks

woke up this morning to hearing a bunch of noise in the garage, go outside and some masshole was throwing tools and parts around, i was like whats youre problem , next thing i know he throws this big object at me and im out cold, i then wake up and find all the cash taken from my wallet, but he did leave me this, thanks colin

60_n_shocks_003.JPG

Dana 60 ISU ita a 30 spline 60 center chunk with tubes out being 70 stuff, it will accept 35 spline shafts without boring the spindles, this one will be getting 35 spline side gears, 35 spline shafts, lincon locker, disk and 5.13 gearz

then got these today thanks to vetteboy, 12" travel 5125's
60_n_shocks_005.JPG

Back