• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The official Xota build thread

awesome, thanks very much!

Fed Ex dropped these off today. Dana 44, 4.88's and detroit lockers, front and rear. Should be a good upgrade for the Xota.

DSC00564.jpg

87xjco said:
Fed Ex dropped these off today. Dana 44, 4.88's and detroit lockers, front and rear. Should be a good upgrade for the Xota.

DSC00564.jpg
you sir, i now regretfuly hate!:cry: gears and lockers ( plural, 2 ) 4.88, just what i need. envy does not look good on me, sorry :laugh3:

steagall9301 said:
you sir, i now regretfuly hate!:cry: gears and lockers ( plural, 2 ) 4.88, just what i need. envy does not look good on me, sorry :laugh3:

LOL, Take some comfort in the fact that you didn't have to pay for them.

BlueGerbil said:
Please install them into the axles and send them to me. Shipping to germany isn´t that expensive...

:greensmok

Um, o/k, what's your address and credit card and bank account numbers?

Finally got some more of the exo-cage built

BIG[/size] thanks to Eric (EEJEEP)and Jim A. for the skilled cutting and my son Markes for the hard work. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Here's Eric grinding away on the R. pillar tube.
Dsc00570.jpg

That right pillar tube was a biatch. Eric did lot's of grinding, fitting, grinding, fitting, etc.... to get the gaps nice and close.
Dsc00574.jpg

Here's Eric and Jim started getting into the grinding action also. Jim had to do lot's of grinding on the tubes because of my poor marking skills.
Dsc00573.jpg

Eric fitting the right fender tube. It was real tricky too.
Dsc00575.jpg

Dsc00577.jpg

Of course I did all the really hard work of bending and supervising.
Dsc00578.jpg

Here's Markes helping with Eric.
Dsc00580.jpg

NICE!

What's the deal with welding over plastic sheeting, though?

Plastic is there more for just some minor protection. When tack welding I usually had a piece of cardboard in place. I'll cut the tack welds and pull the top part of the cage back off and weld all around the junctions everywhere I can, so that there will be a few areas to weld as possible on the vehicle. I'll use welding blankets then.

good deal.. I'm learning lots in this thread.

although i'm not really a fan of a full-exo It does Look good.. but those slick shiny white door skins look like fresh Meat for some door-eater rocks..

_ any plans to make the doors removable/quick disco hinges??

JLane99XJ said:
although i'm not really a fan of a full-exo It does Look good.. but those slick shiny white door skins look like fresh Meat for some door-eater rocks..

_ any plans to make the doors removable/quick disco hinges??

I'm building a half door for the drivers side. I'm pretty sure I will do removable bars that protects the doors, for when I want the doors to stay on (like when it's cold). The right toyota doors un-bolt pretty easily for when I want the doors off.

Back