• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Driveshafts thread

Crunchy PB and banana sandwich... haven't had one of those in a while.

i prefer truffle butter

You would.

Crunchy PB and banana sandwich... haven't had one of those in a while.

My dad used to make peanut butter, honey, and raisin sandwiches when I was little. I think it was pretty close to the extent of his cooking abilities, minus the fact that he manages to make damn good pizza from scratch.

Good. Anyone that buys creamy peanut butter deserves a slap across the face at the grocery store, followed by their family disowning them.

Creamy peanut butter is way better, we're going to fight tonight. Heaaaavy goop.

You would.

My dad used to make peanut butter, honey, and raisin sandwiches when I was little. I think it was pretty close to the extent of his cooking abilities, minus the fact that he manages to make damn good pizza from scratch.

My dad swears that peanut butter, mustard, and cheese is a good sandwich. He's an idiot though.

THe NAC Lots-O-Driveshafts thread

Morning losers. Beautiful day in MD. New steering going on today :)

aa6702bd36f93f4d030195c829533f44.jpg

Cut down 2 birch trees in the get yard, is the wood worth saving for fire wood?

Yes

I feel the pain I've had an inexplicable hard pull to the right in my 01 for a while now (Detroit truetracs), and it surfaced after a drag-it-thru run on walk in the park at RC. Checked pretty much everything there is to be checked, I'm left with the feeling that it's a tiny misalignment within the case itself

Check that. Driver side freewheels with other on the ground, exact opposite on the reverse...either a busted locker or ds axle shaft...now I know. Worked good for 2 years like this, maybe I should fix it huh

Turns out my brothers front axle is losing the lower balljoint out of the knuckle bore which is yanking the upper apart. Like 1/2" of play right now.

So now we're swapping the used 4.10s into his original housing lol.

Turns out my brothers front axle is losing the lower balljoint out of the knuckle bore which is yanking the upper apart. Like 1/2" of play right now.

So now we're swapping the used 4.10s into his original housing lol.

he still running moog joints?

You girls are slacking. Gone for a week and I could catch up in under 5 minutes.
Used to be somewhere around 200 pages with 10 pages of Cmelo talking with himself... Good old times.

Ross you are nuts for selling the Bridgeport. I am not sure how I lived without one in my basement so long. I probably use it 3-4 times a week on a slow week. Angel likes sweeping metal chips too (not!).
I forget did you get a variable frequency phase converter? Being able to slow an endmill way down without changing the belt is almost as good as a vari-speed head.

Oh and you guys are all wrong on peanut butter sandwiches. Semi-crunchy peanut butter (not whole peanuts now but some substance), some good jam, and Nutella on good old fashioned white bread. Sandwich done.

Ross you are nuts for selling the Bridgeport. I am not sure how I lived without one in my basement so long. I probably use it 3-4 times a week on a slow week. Angel likes sweeping metal chips too (not!).
I forget did you get a variable frequency phase converter? Being able to slow an endmill way down without changing the belt is almost as good as a vari-speed head..

Yea I know I'd probably want it back after I get rid of it, but I just never use it. I nice hot tank setup would be mint for all the nv4500's I do though. Remember I'm not a machinist nor do I really even know how to use it lol

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Peanut Butter thread

I'm not a machinist either but find ways to use it.
You do have very limited space too.

I have that lathe I got for free and literally haven't even touched it :laugh:

I'm close to just giving it away. I don't think I'll ever end up using it. Just don't have the time nor need for it.

My 20' container is literally just a Bridgeport, almost a dozen nv4500's, and piles of gears/parts for them.

I have that lathe I got for free and literally haven't even touched it :laugh:

I'm close to just giving it away. I don't think I'll ever end up using it. Just don't have the time nor need for it.

Danny Dickshow would probably buy it

Sore today. Patch, Dan and I did around 25 miles on dirt yesterday.

There was dirt? I just remember rocks...

I did my front bearings and brakes friday... hot damn this thing stops as fast as a new truck now, and the ABS works mint. The grease is the driver's side was pretty much the consistency of gear oil... bearings were wasted. Can't believe I drove to VT and back, as well as CT and back on them... and wheeled both trips. Still have a wobble in the steering though, should be able to fix that by adjusting swivel pin preload. Will tackle that next monday after I get back from visiting my dad.

For comparison.... New pads up top, stock ones on bottom.

L28L5VK.png

Back