• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Driveshafts thread

What parts are you looking at now?

I just rarely ever use it and, in a 20' container, I could use the space. I've collected more vices, a rotarty table, shit ton of end mills, etc for it too. In the 6-7yrs I've had it, I've shaved 2 14b's and drilled dome holes that's it

Mark still has his 241OR I think

Mark does still have his 241OR.

Offers?

Wow what I surprise, I rolled black jeep again. Same damn ledge too.

Apparently you're as good a drive as you are a spotter :) :doh:

So I'm thinking about selling my Bridgeport and all the stuff I've collected for it. I wanna clean out my storage container shop and turn it strictly into Ross' NV4500 World, picking up another core after work and have two large orders of parts coming.

Price? Wasn't there something wrong with it, the deck wasn't level or had runout?

Mark does still have his 241OR.

Offers?

Apparently you're as good a drive as you are a spotter :) :doh:

Price? Wasn't there something wrong with it, the deck wasn't level or had runout?

Just some extra lash in the ways and I think Anthony measured the center of the bed just a C-hair lower

I'll bid $150.01.
Just some extra lash in the ways and I think Anthony measured the center of the bed just a C-hair lower
Actually probably about half a C-hair.
It's been a while... But IIRC the table dipped by .0035 in the left-right center but the ends were at the same height. Front to back it was fine. It's not like it wasn't trammed in, because then the way outsides would be off too. I never looked into it to see if it was easily repairable by flexing the table or something, but my gut says no. It probably needs to be re-scraped and/or ground. It's not the biggest deal because how often do you make a 42" long cut? But it still makes me cringe.

Ross, I don't particularly need/want that one, but I am curious to know what you're actually looking for and what you have into it.

Otherwise, it really needed to be taken apart, cleaned, and put back together. Gibs probably need adjusting too.

Or there is always scrap. I went Saturday and got a whopping $80/ton.

Idk like 1500? I was thinking of trying to trade it for a nice hot tank/parts washer tank setup to clean all my transmissions in.

You'll probably get that from someone on craigslist, but you might also have to sell of the rotary tables and whatever else piecemeal. You won't get all your money back if you sell it as a lot.

If I were to try to sell it, it would have to be about that much for the whole lot, phase convertor and everything as a package. Otherwise I won't bother and I'll just continue to complain about it being in my way.

If I were to try to sell it, it would have to be about that much for the whole lot, phase convertor and everything as a package. Otherwise I won't bother and I'll just continue to complain about it being in my way.
I like ross's plan any one want a stick welder?

I hate my jeep

when you half ass fixing things and beat the shit out of it - it'll be sure to return the favor

when you half ass fixing things and beat the shit out of it - it'll be sure to return the favor
When parts that where built by "experts in the axle world" fail it leaves me mad.

finally fixed my hatch. turned out to be those tiny metal teeth that hold onto the threaded rod that slipped off. been crawling through the back for a ****ing year and it took 2 min to fix. :banghead:

The lokka I had failed. And one of their experts said it was impossible to rip the teeth of the outer cam.

if it's installed incorrectly without the proper clearances it's not impossible. Just saying. And the teeth won't "rip off" so much as wear down to nothing as the cogs slip.

Back