• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

you guys think a stock XJ radiator would suffice in a rear mount setup?

the brainiacs on the forbiddenjeeps.com facebook group make most facebook/forum wheelers look like a ****ing magician.

Some juggalo drooling retard with an XJ claims you can put a V8 ZJ radiator in an XJ, and further, that the radiator in the XJ is undersized and was intended for the 4cyl. And further, that 4.0s blow head gaskets left and right.

I don't even know what to say to that. The number of idiots spewing wrong shit on there is simply more than I can process, it's like listening to a political debate, my brain shuts down and I end up just staring blankly.

the brainiacs on the forbiddenjeeps.com facebook group make most facebook/forum wheelers look like a ****ing magician.

Some juggalo drooling retard with an XJ claims you can put a V8 ZJ radiator in an XJ, and further, that the radiator in the XJ is undersized and was intended for the 4cyl. And further, that 4.0s blow head gaskets left and right.

I don't even know what to say to that. The number of idiots spewing wrong shit on there is simply more than I can process, it's like listening to a political debate, my brain shuts down and I end up just staring blankly.

Why in the hell couldn't you have joined in on the xj/mj and proud fun while it was at its peak?

Took the 5.9 ZJ to inspection this morning.

Battery took a big ol' shit right in the inspection lane, in the building. DMV policy says you're not allowed to mess with a vehicle during the inspection process, so it had to get pushed outside to the parking lot. With a 'fail' sticker, of course. And DMV people aren't allowed to help either, so I had to wait until someone else coming out from the inspection station could stop and give me a jump start.

Finally found someone (who also confessed to having a shit battery, and wanted to build up some jump-start karma for the next time he needed one) and I stopped and got a new battery on the way home. Figures that happens after I just drop $$$ on batteries for the project truck. Stupid ZJ must be jealous. :laugh:

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Was measuring for shocks today and I flexed on a pile of dirt. My brake pedal went to the floor and I lost all stopping power. I was able to use my ebrake to stop and throw it in park. I turned the jeep off, pumped up the pedal and all of the sudden it's firm again with no problems. I checked for leaks and nothing. The reservoir is filled too. So my conclusion is that the brakes work fine on level ground but on unlevel ground they don't...weird.

Was measuring for shocks today and I flexed on a pile of dirt. My brake pedal went to the floor and I lost all stopping power. I was able to use my ebrake to stop and throw it in park. I turned the jeep off, pumped up the pedal and all of the sudden it's firm again with no problems. I checked for leaks and nothing. The reservoir is filled too. So my conclusion is that the brakes work fine on level ground but on unlevel ground they don't...weird.

Its weird you didn't find any leaks. But maybe when your rear brake line is under tension it pulls away from one of the fittings causing it to leak? Or let air in. Are you still using g the stock rear brake line?

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Rear brake line was replaced with a longer one from a YJ or something. There's plenty of slack left when flexed out.
I'm thinking back to when I installed my longer front brake lines a few weeks ago. I forgot to keep the reservoir full when bleeding the brakes so there's a chance there might be air in the master cylinder. At the time, I didn't worry about it because I bled the brakes normally and everything seemed good to go.

Could be. For something thats so simple blessing brakes is something that has always been a pain and never really worked all that well for me. There always seems to be some air left.

I would double check all your hardlines for leaks if you've never replaced them. While driving my dodge the pedal started going to the floor slowly and it turns out three hardlines were rotted on the frame and one had a small pinhole in it.

Was glad I found it close to home.

Colin, get off of ****ing NAXJA at 8 am the day after your wedding

Hahaha congrats and x3

Back