• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Fact is that I can get the frt of this turd to bounce like a low rider is very annoying

double, triple, quadruple up the white bodies on each corner.
Bonus points if you alternate one with shaft up, one with shaft down, one with shaft up...

Robbie Racecar, the race is Saturday ;)

Bonus points if you alternate one with shaft up, one with shaft down, one with shaft up...

you can pack them closer together that way I hear, as long as it never articulates

I'll trade ya a nice piece if unbent roll cage tubing and my shocks for your chrome ones

I have some sick broken profenders for you Rob.

I could just weld the broken shit together. I'd buy new shocks but can't justify it for my 3-4 wheel in trips this year. The only reason I'm doing the coil buckets is that all the material is free.

I think Ken must've taken over at XKCD.

turbine.png

:laugh: I like that

if you paint them with some rustoleum chrome they will dampen better.

shocks are dumb, just run tennis balls.

shcocks are dumb, you don't need them. I ran for like 3 years with no shocks.

I think Ken must've taken over at XKCD.

turbine.png

get a conveyor belt involved to REALLY confuse the stupid people

Last edited:

I was always a bigger fan of the 'helicopter on a turntable' scenario.

Helicopters fly because they vibrate so much the earth repels them, so it will still take off.

Just because I've spent time thinking about it.

My take on the 'helicopter on a turntable' is that it will almost take off, sort of.

It'll spin enough to generate lift, but lift = reduced friction on the turntable so it'll strike some kinda balance between drag of spinning through the air vs. rotational force applied at the turntable surface. As soon as it spins fast enough to take off, it loses contact with the thing spinning it and slows down again.

I think the end result is you'd see a decrease in 'weight' on the turntable, and ultimately the 'copter and turntable would have a difference in RPM's at steady-state.

I'm pretty sure the actual answer is that the turntable would collapse because a helicopter is too damn heavy for a turntable.

Or the helicopter would take off, propelled by the stream of vomit from the pilot.

Just because I've spent time thinking about it.

My take on the 'helicopter on a turntable' is that it will almost take off, sort of.

It'll spin enough to generate lift, but lift = reduced friction on the turntable so it'll strike some kinda balance between drag of spinning through the air vs. rotational force applied at the turntable surface. As soon as it spins fast enough to take off, it loses contact with the thing spinning it and slows down again.

I think the end result is you'd see a decrease in 'weight' on the turntable, and ultimately the 'copter and turntable would have a difference in RPM's at steady-state.

not sure if serious?

if serious, are you neglecting that whole tail rotor counteracts the force of torque from the main rotors concept?

What if the helicopter had contra rotating blades?
Regardless, helicopter takes off from a turntable, just as plane takes off from conveyor belt.

not sure if serious?

if serious, are you neglecting that whole tail rotor counteracts the force of torque from the main rotors concept?

What if the helicopter had contra rotating blades?
Regardless, helicopter takes off from a turntable, just as plane takes off from conveyor belt.

In my scenario the helicopter isn't powered. :)

Back