• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Much like my jeeps and exes, my house is a ****ing basket case
qcUd7Mkl.jpg

The jeeps and house are ok though because I can fix them with a chainsaw, 4lb hammer, and sawzall and people only look at me a LITTLE funny...
gbxe6Nyl.jpg

unintentionally washed the interior of my truck yesterday... a garden hose burst while making/eating bbq. so far, the prince of darkness seems indifferent.

bross when you want to swing by and grab the grill?

Me and Dundy were right down the street from you yesterday too, and completely forgot about it. Text me your address and I'll swing by there tonight or tomorrow.

I bought a hand pump vac and it sucks ass. total garbage.

I saw one that pumps the fluid in from the caliper end. forcing the air up(the way it already wants to travel) and out the MC. that sounds like the best way. but Ill probably never do anything and just suffer. cause im dumb.

I'm not a big fan of pushing fluid backwards through the system. Either get pressure bleeder ($$$$) or do it with vacuum. Vacuum makes the air bubbles expand, so you get them if you do it right. I'm gonna guess you did it wrong

Bought one and it took me 30 minutes to bleed the whole system. The pedal is firm as its ever been now. Totally worth the money for that tool.
^did it right obviously.

It helps to take the bleeder out and stick the tip into the caliper/wheel cylinder directly. Otherwise you'll just pull massive air past the threads on the bleeder.

Every iteration of brakes I had on my XJ, I was able to gravity-bleed. Start at the farthest corner, crack the bleeder, top off the MC every now and then, close bleeder when fluid starts coming out. That worked even with cutting brakes on the rear too.

I've used the engine vacuum port trick many times too on other things.

Me and Dundy were right down the street from you yesterday too, and completely forgot about it. Text me your address and I'll swing by there tonight or tomorrow.
i texted your ass yesterday about it granted i didn't get home until about 5 yesterday

Colin, get off of ****ing NAXJA at 8 am the day after your wedding

WHAT AN IDIOT.
HA

Hurray, you're alive!

Oh, by the way Ross, the van driver totally thought you looked like Hellboy after we dropped you off.

Dunkin ice coffee works awesome for hangovers

Hurray, you're alive!

Oh, by the way Ross, the van driver totally thought you looked like Hellboy after we dropped you off.

Thanks again Mark, I have very little memory of the night after dinner. Apparently I made you a drunken promise to bring your welder back to the Cape :doh:

Finally had a chance to fill out the USPS claim thing for my RuffStuff order that got littered all across the country.

I emailed them the claim summary, and a half hour later got an email back saying "Thanks so much for sending all the info! I will get your stuff shipped out to you tomorrow, just let me know when you hear something from USPS."

I figured they'd take care of it, but I don't think I expected it to be *that* easy. We'll see what happens but that sounds pretty promising.

Artec continues to be another great vendor to deal with, the little battery boxes I got from them are perfect. Lookin forward to starting that project tomorrow.

To do that, I had to put the whole rear of my chassis back together to check for clearance - fuel cell, all 4 links, axle, shocks, bumps, tires, etc. Had it done by myself in around 10 minutes. It's nice when brackets are the right width and everything just falls into place. Couldn't be happier with the packaging so far. :)

Back