• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Could be. For something thats so simple blessing brakes is something that has always been a pain and never really worked all that well for me. There always seems to be some air left.

mightyvac FTW.

rig up your own vacuum pump into a catch jar or go buy one.

Has cut every brake bleed job I've done in half since I've owned it. No more takes two hours to bleed brakes. I did hardlines in a camry last week, bled the whole system in thirty minutes.

Or just use gsequioa's trick and run a line to the intake manifold :gee:

I don't believe in buying tools I will misplace when I can buy fifteen feet of vinyl hose to misplace instead.

Or just use gsequioa's trick and run a line to the intake manifold :gee:

I don't believe in buying tools I will misplace when I can buy fifteen feet of vinyl hose to misplace instead.

yeah, I'm cool on that trick.

before I bought mityvac I had rigged up my continuous duty vacuum pump to a mason jar.

but I figure not everyone has a vacuum bagging setup ;)

still, mightyvac was worth the money, makes bleeding your clutch on the trailer in the campground way easier.

I bought a hand pump vac and it sucks ass. total garbage.

I saw one that pumps the fluid in from the caliper end. forcing the air up(the way it already wants to travel) and out the MC. that sounds like the best way. but Ill probably never do anything and just suffer. cause im dumb.

Anyone have any experience with Toyota 3.4 V6's? How reliable are they? Gutless, or can they get out of their own way? Looks like people claim 19-22 MPG stock, is that realistic?

I dont have any experience. but 19-22 sound realistic, if you drive like a normal human being and aren't constantly trying to get out of your own way.

Ive gotten 20mpg out of a 4.0 driving the speedlimit on all highway.

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

mightyvac FTW.

rig up your own vacuum pump into a catch jar or go buy one.

Has cut every brake bleed job I've done in half since I've owned it. No more takes two hours to bleed brakes. I did hardlines in a camry last week, bled the whole system in thirty minutes.

Bought one and it took me 30 minutes to bleed the whole system. The pedal is firm as its ever been now. Totally worth the money for that tool.

Anyone have any experience with Toyota 3.4 V6's? How reliable are they? Gutless, or can they get out of their own way? Looks like people claim 19-22 MPG stock, is that realistic?
they are decent. Guys with the previous gen 3.0 3vze upgrade to 3.4 5vzfe engines and like it because the 3.0 is a pile of shit.

I dont have any experience. but 19-22 sound realistic, if you drive like a normal human being and aren't constantly trying to get out of your own way.

Ive gotten 20mpg out of a 4.0 driving the speedlimit on all highway.

I got 23 on the way back from nacfest 2010 hungover as **** with an entire drivetrain in the bed of the mj.

22 in the summer in my xj driving to work last year.

Now it's more like 19... not sure what sensor needs replacing yet.

they are fantastic motors, and yes that makes sense. if you get an auto, check for the "strawberry milkshake" coolant/trans fluid mix. the rad is corrodes from the inside out and the fluids mix... and it makes the A340/AW4 very unhappy.

they are fantastic motors, and yes that makes sense. if you get an auto, check for the "strawberry milkshake" coolant/trans fluid mix. the rad is corrodes from the inside out and the fluids mix... and it makes the A340/AW4 very unhappy.

The funny thing is that they got what amounts to aw4s and ax15s. As you noted the a340 is the same as an aw4 with a few different bits on each end, and the toy r series mantrans is an ax15 by another name as well.

Now he's really going to want one.

Trashyota

I bet he's trying to get his hands on something like this

20130817_161451_zpsd1f6a49b.jpg

2013-07-20_10-09-51_HDR_zps1c1be402.jpg

Back