• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

wtf?

in other good news, the umass MIE machine shop director (who thankfully i know well) is gonna let me borrow a dial indicator and base for the weekend.

thank you much :worship:
Anytime!
a 55 gal craftsman with a decent power rating. can't remember exactly offhand. maybe 5.5hp...? it's big... and i've never over ran it using anything. it can keep up if it's on.
Sounds good. It is really the cfm and the capacity that matter the most.
in other good news, the umass MIE machine shop director (who thankfully i know well) is gonna let me borrow a dial indicator and base for the weekend.
Nice!

i didn't know if hub bolts are commonly broken, so i figure it's better safe than sorry to have extras, especially after breaking so many bolts on the suspension/axle components. i'll buy some PB today though to start soaking crap.

even better, i told him straight up that i'm going home thursday night and he said no problem, stop by tomorrow or thursday morning.

i didn't know if hub bolts are commonly broken, so i figure it's better safe than sorry to have extras, especially after breaking so many bolts on the suspension/axle components. i'll buy some PB today though to start soaking crap.

eh don't waste too much effort. they're really not bad like steering box bolts. but if you want to soak those, go right ahead.

so i think i'm going to make one of these using scrap from umass and my welder
InnerBrace.jpg

and does anyone happen to know the length of a OEM shock? (closed and extended, if possible...)

ooo my die grinder deliver is scheduled for thursday says ups. i'm hopeful. it will make any welding on the upper shock mount a lot easier too.

so i'm driving out to south deerfield again tomorrow to drop of some parts at the place that's making the prototypes for us and will probably stop by harbor freight in worester on the way back. i'm thinking of getting this impact wrench if they have it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=2623

does anyone have any insight to it? it seems like a pretty good deal to me

so i'm driving out to south deerfield again tomorrow to drop of some parts at the place that's making the prototypes for us and will probably stop by harbor freight in worester on the way back. i'm thinking of getting this impact wrench if they have it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=2623

does anyone have any insight to it? it seems like a pretty good deal to me

I only paid about $75 more for my NIB Ingersoll Rand 2135TI. Yes, I know that is almost twice the price.... but IMO, impacts are something that really can't be cut corners with. Cheap ones have cheap performance. My buddy has a $90 Crapsman one and it just can't do the same things my IR can. Some tools you can cheap out on, others you can't. Maybe that Chicago one won't be bad I have never used that model. Just my $0.02 on the topic.

Last edited:

i'd say pony up the extra few bucks and get one that will last... i hate buying cheap tools.

hey kyle, what time are you going/heading back? any plans? you'll probably be coming within 10 minutes of me.

see i don't want to spend toooo much money on one until i have you know.. a house... with a garage... shop air... blah blah. i've heard decent things of HF's air tools and it would at least be a hell of a lot better than some shitty $20 one that's "rated" for 200ft-lbs. i figure if its rated for 400, it'll at least do 200ft-lbs and be able to get yoke nuts and hub nuts

anyone ever heard of a ups driver delivering it to the wrong house? i got some RE SS lines through fullsizexj and UPS says they were delivered at 4:04 to the front door today, but there's nothing there and it doesn't look like anyone came through the snow up to the door. the only other thing i can think of is that it went to the wrong house...

Back