• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

yalls peep the nac introduce yourself thread for my friends new jeep

honcho.... i feel like every xj owner secretly wants an my or a honcho

I openly want a Comanche and already have a Honcho. I also already have a XJ. Does that mean I win?

I talked to the guy with Honcho its sounds good except for the rot. Why only 12 xjs Billy.

I rode in it around the parking lot and it runs good. The frame sucks but the body is good. The bed is perfect and the rest is more than acceptable for a new england truck. If you want to do frame work get it. It drives as is but it needs alot of work. Also it doesn't have a V8 which is kind of a big selling point for getting a FSJ. I want a 401:bawl:

that's exactly what i heard Colin...

stupid snow ... just had to get that out . . .

what's everyone's plans for next fri sat? want to help me work and get free food/beer out of the deal?

I might be able to swing over. Will know as the weekend gets closer.

Supposed to hit some bars Friday night, but I usually can't sleep after I drink so I should be up for it.

shweet

yeah i don't think i'd be able to make it out until somewhere mid-afternoonish but i don't have any other plans for saturday night so i can stay late-ish. if we can get my new shafts/ujoints in i'll be able to maybe make the NEA snow run. otherwise i won't be able to make the run, since i'll be damned if i'm getting stranded in NH past my 100 miles AAA can bring me

well, if anyone has a dremel, that would be much appreciated. i ordered a pneumatic die grinder, but i'm worried about it not getting there in time.

kyle, i'm sure we'll be able to get that done... i've never done a u joint, but it can't be that bad.

...if anyone has a dial indicator locally, please send me a PM...

asp387 said:
what's everyone's plans for next fri sat? want to help me work and get free food/beer out of the deal?
I think you know where I'll be. :dunce:
I'll be around for phone support if ya need anything. I just can't loose anymore time, the weekends are counting down quickly.:paperwork
well, if anyone has a dremel, that would be much appreciated. i ordered a pneumatic die grinder, but i'm worried about it not getting there in time.
What do you have for a compressor? My IR die grinder draws some serious air. Plus, I don't think it would be worth it to drive all the way up to grab mine...
kyle, i'm sure we'll be able to get that done... i've never done a u joint, but it can't be that bad.
Never done a u-joint? D30 axles is about a 1-2 hour job if the nuts come free relatively easy.
...if anyone has a dial indicator locally, please send me a PM...
I've got one, but I'll be using it this weekend. Sorry.

so anthony i actually have a pretty nice cordless dremel that you can use, but i may not have enough cut off wheels and crap for it, i'll bring it along. i've also got a dial indicator that i've never used i got a while ago and i think it still holds ~0.001 or so, so it should be good enough for checking backlash. i don't have a magnetic base for it though. just be sure to remind me saturday morning to bring the stuff along since i'll probnably be hungover and likely to forget. anthony do you have shop air and or a 36mm socket? i should be getting out to harbor freight hopefully tomorrow to buy an impact wrench now that i've got my nitrogen set up, but i'm not sure if it's leaking or something since it's only got about 1500psi in the tank when it was filled ~2500 two weeks ago. hopefully i'll just man up and buy the one that supposedly does 600 ft-lbs though. it may be thirsty and if you haev air that'll help. my 36mm socket was stolen with my tools a while back and i have yet to replace it, so if you have one i won't haev to worry about that.

i've actually got shafts ready to go. i was going to put them in my new d30 sitting in the basement but it's looking like it'll be there a little bit longer, so i might as well toss them in my current axle. i'm just a little nervous about the hub bolts breaking, and want to replace them along with the hub nut while i'm in there. does anyone have the proper sizes/grades of the nuts/bolts in there?

I think you know where I'll be. :dunce:
yeah i figured

I'll be around for phone support if ya need anything. I just can't loose anymore time, the weekends are counting down quickly.:paperwork
thank you much :worship:

What do you have for a compressor? My IR die grinder draws some serious air. Plus, I don't think it would be worth it to drive all the way up to grab mine...
a 55 gal craftsman with a decent power rating. can't remember exactly offhand. maybe 5.5hp...? it's big... and i've never over ran it using anything. it can keep up if it's on.

I've got one, but I'll be using it this weekend. Sorry.
i figured as much

so anthony i actually have a pretty nice cordless dremel that you can use, but i may not have enough cut off wheels and crap for it, i'll bring it along. i've also got a dial indicator that i've never used i got a while ago and i think it still holds ~0.001 or so, so it should be good enough for checking backlash. i don't have a magnetic base for it though. just be sure to remind me saturday morning to bring the stuff along since i'll probnably be hungover and likely to forget

sweeeeeet. thanks kyle. the magnetic base thing might be an issue, but i'm going to try to borrow a dial indicator and base from school. we'll see.

anthony do you have shop air and or a 36mm socket?
see above :D i have a 36mm socket, but it's not impact. (when did that ever stop any of us :eek:)

i've actually got shafts ready to go. i was going to put them in my new d30 sitting in the basement but it's looking like it'll be there a little bit longer, so i might as well toss them in my current axle. i'm just a little nervous about the hub bolts breaking, and want to replace them along with the hub nut while i'm in there. does anyone have the proper sizes/grades of the nuts/bolts in there?
i have spare hub bolts, and i've never broken one.. i didn't realize they were that commonly broken. i have 5 extra good ones and a 6th one that is iffy.

Last edited:
Back