• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

i bought a new cb whip, cable, and mounting bracket. also a new(ish) tow strap. i had all that stuff to begin with but it all dissapeared. after cleaning out my xj shortly after i found 4 straps, the cb cable ive been missing for a year, a couple chains, a battery hold down, 3 clevis`s, a pair of converse, a tobacco pipe,some Z71 tow hooks, and a bag from victorias secret.

i dont remember where any of that stuff came from.

well i thought i finished up everything. however i get to put a new starter in now. good thing she decided to let go now.

Steering done. Could go for another tierod end but it will have to do for now. Test run today. Just have to load spare parts and tools into the jeep and I think it is ready. Oh, also reinstalled the power steering gearbox brace. Off to a buddy's house today to rewire the trailer and get the brakes working again.

we replaced my trailer lights with some LED's.
wow...what a difference.
the trailer bumper where the lights screw into is rusted.
It should be good enough to get me there and back.

BOB

so does that mean that you repackaged it in the parts store guys rectum? :D

Naw, they are good guys, not even a chain store, the same three guys have been working at this store for almost 30 years!
They go me a new one, and it is on and the jeep is out on the trailer running.
Everything is greased and tightened, fluids are checked, battery is charged, and flag is in there somewhere, I saw it.
So, I am ready for WinterFest!
Well the jeep is, next the camper.....

well, everything on the list is finished except the rear brakes/spool.

fuggin drivers rear rotor will not come off.
liberally applied the gas wrench and still no go.
I will continue to beat on it tonight, and if it still won't come off I will have it pressed off tomorrow.

other than that it runs, has a new cooling system and a new fuel system.
and I need to stick my CB back in it.

I think I'm ready. I've got a list of stuff to throw in the truck. I've just got to excute the throwing in part.

the same three guys have been working at this store for almost 30 years!

Do they look like this?

pepboys.jpg

I think I'm ready. I've got a list of stuff to throw in the truck. I've just got to excute the throwing in part.

Same here. Got the RC truck, cooler and clothes ready. Got Johns wheel/hubcaps loaded up. Gotta go to my buddy's in Indy tonight and help him paint his new place so he can go to WF with me. He's got a garage there so we can swap the shocks there. My camera hasn't came in the mail, so the old one is coming instead.

The registration stickers for my trailer plates came in the mail today!!!

I think I need to swap the idler pully on the xjpopcanbuggy its making some screaming noises...too bad its barely got any miles on it...oh and i need to fill it up with fuel...crap need to reinstall the speakers for the radio too...

picking the pop up camper up tonight

baby jeep appears ready to go...

pack up all the stuff i'm supposed to bring...grab the cash for the stuff i'm supposed to buy...

mac 'gonna be a busy couple of days' gyvr

Jeep is packed and ready to go, need to finish packing gear and go to the liquor store.

well... every time i turn on my fogs, my fuses blow... fml.....

i have yet to test and see if i get a death wobble yet.

ummm. gotta go pick up a gas can too

Time is running out, better prioritize. Pull the relay for the fogs so you don't forget, mess with it after WF and ohm it out with a multimeter. I wouldn't worry about a gas can either, you'll only use maybe a 1/4 tank on the trails.

Just make sure you meet the minimum requirements and come out and have a good time.

Which reminds me I still need to get my extinguisher refilled.

Leaky wheel cyclinder....crap. Oh well not enough time now. Lets hope it holds I guess.

im off work the rest of the week. i worked 2 days, and now im done. i love my job

but i need a gas can because my gas tank is iffy. and well. i never know if i have gas

my oil pressure is also reading 120psi. either the filter(fram) or my oil pressure sensor went bad. i have a set of mechanical gauges i need to install.

and i will fix the fogs. i installed them, and put in the wiring. it stopped working after i hit a small pot hole and the front end went crazy. so, im guessing its shorting out at the lights. shouldnt be very hard at all. i have a few relays too to try out.

i still need to install my hitch too. just got all the bolts today.

i never wait till the last minute

oh, and my brake light is still on. i really hope i break something this weekend. my moto is dont XXXX with it unless its broken

my oil pressure is also reading 120psi. either the filter(fram) or my oil pressure sensor went bad. i have a set of mechanical gauges i need to install.

Reading that high is almost certainly the sender. I believe if it's unhooked completely it will read zero, and if it's shorted to ground it will read max. Either that or you have a on-off sender (for the idiot light clusters) and it's hooked up to a analog cluster.

Back