• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

I can not stand a dirty rig..just my OCD I suppose. It will be clean when I hit the trails, and it will be washed before it comes off the trailer and put back in the shop. Livin' by a great saying I was once told...if it aint clean in between, it will cause ya problems later.....I apply this to vehicles and women....

Cheeseman-OUT!

i drive mine every day so it gets washed about 2 times a month but the garbage gets thrown out and it gets vacuumed bout once a week

my old Dakota i washed twice a week and waxed it once a week

Wax so mud doesn't stain too much! Washed it today, guarantee it'll be chalky white again by the weekend and will probably wash it in Attica

I was told to armor-all my tires once too so they were slippery and cleared mud out of the lugs easier. Could be bad for rocks tho.

I was told to armor-all my tires once too so they were slippery and cleared mud out of the lugs easier. Could be bad for rocks tho.

i wouldn't do this..............

My jeep hasn't been washed in years.
If I washed it all the rust would fall off.

so
Cooling system is finished, everything but the heater core is brandy new. No more overheating.
Fuel system works, it started and ran on the fuel cell.
All I've got left to do is make some brackets and such to secure the hoses and the fuel cell. Right now it's just mocked up using those aluminum tabs.

All that leaves is the rear brakes on the 8.8, install the spool in the 8.8, oil cahnge and rewire the CB.

Well neither had I, plus you'd really cement the Mall-Crawler image.

Finally got wheel spacers in today, not sure why I've been procrastinating. Fire Extinguisher is taken care of. Not sure what else I said I needed to finish but currently my list is: Install E-brake cables, trans cooler, tool box.

Got the rest of "needs to be done before winterfest" this weekend. Rails are on and ready to go.

jcr stage 3 rails - 2.jpg

broek my t-stat housing last night.
autozoe has a ew one in stock.
back up and running tonight, getting rakes/spool doen tonight. Swapping shackles tomorrow.
then it's done.

Trans solenoids replaced and shifting is good. Also replaced cracked heater control valve...sure glad it cracked when it did instead of on the road to WF. Now just need to replace the u-joint on the D30 short shaft and I'm ready to go :thumbup:

Brought the junk home today...
It needs an alternator and a belt.

I smoked the belt starting it, so I go to load it with no steering again.
I am getting good at that.

And, my 2wd F-250 is amazing, 4 inches of snow, 3 inches of mud, and ice under that and it never got stuck.

Was gone fishing all weekend. Now it is crunch time to get the jeep, trailer, and van ready to go by Wednesday morning. Time to turn on the heat in the garage and get started.

Brought the junk home today...
It needs an alternator and a belt.

I smoked the belt starting it, so I go to load it with no steering again.
I am getting good at that.

And, my 2wd F-250 is amazing, 4 inches of snow, 3 inches of mud, and ice under that and it never got stuck.

break the alternator loose with a big socket on the front of it...turn it till she turns free...put a belt on it and run it...if the baby jeep sits too long i have to break the alternator free then we are good...still works, even had the brushes replaced in it and the alternator rebuild place said that the bearings looks great...

mac 'cheap fix' gyvr

Going to put the JKS shackles on Nate's ride tomorrow and put his MJ shackles on mine. There's a little too much rake going on.

Getting ready right now to take it off the trailer and see how fast I can go through the woods at my in-laws house.

broek my t-stat housing last night.
autozoe has a ew one in stock.
back up and running tonight, getting rakes/spool doen tonight. Swapping shackles tomorrow.
then it's done.

check your battery cables Nate!
:D

BOB

break the alternator loose with a big socket on the front of it...turn it till she turns free...put a belt on it and run it...if the baby jeep sits too long i have to break the alternator free then we are good...still works, even had the brushes replaced in it and the alternator rebuild place said that the bearings looks great...

mac 'cheap fix' gyvr

No go....
Must have froze, the case was cracked, but the good guys at the auto parts store took it anyway!

still it was $100.00!
that is steep...

Back