• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Where did y'all pick up the torque stripe?

These Stage 8 spindle nuts are amazing! Thanks to RedHeep for donating a pair to us!

I hope they hold up well.

Started final race prep. Torquing every bolt on the car, and marking every bolt/nut and anything we would want to know if it moves. The orange stuff is called "Torque Stripe". Its like nail polish, but turns rock hard and shatters if it moves. At a quick glance you can know for a fact that every bolt is or is not still tight.

Do other teams use it? It's standard stuff in aviation, I never knew if it was worth it for you guys or not.

I hope they hold up well.

Do other teams use it? It's standard stuff in aviation, I never knew if it was worth it for you guys or not.

I have never seen a team using it that didn't start by asking us what it is. It is beyond worth it to us! I would hate to race without it.

We got the rear hung up on a rock when pre-running and broke a u-bolt against a rock, not a good feeling. I know we've all ground our rear yokes on rocks over and over again with no issues, but it spooked me that in a day og wheeling we got hung on one rock and it broke that u-bolt. Don't want that happening in the race so we went to those billet caps.

We switched to these years ago...very solid. (Even with me trying to negotiate the rocks!)

Being the branch's purchasing agent, I end up ordering TorqueSeal from AnythingGPS.com; we have a customer at work that uses it (on Camp Pendleton, I think). But then, I order 200-400 tubes at a time... It's made by Organic Products, I think, but we get it from secondary sourcing.

Torque seal pn F-900...used by aviation A&Ps for decades. Also available from API, Aviall, Aircraft Spruce, etc. Comes in many colors...we used a different color for every re-torque/inspection so we could confirm the bolt was re-torqued. (The guys really never did get used to the hot pink seal.) Our aircraft and our tow vehicle (Jeep) had lots of colors.

Carol, someday I hope to meet you. We older, but wiser, parts gals could trade some real stories! -Karol

Just booked plane tickets! Can't wait to see this car in person and in action!

Let me warn you it looks a lot more impressive online, or when its in motion. We've only had it out a half dozen or so times, but there are enough battle scars to make it look a little used when its sitting still. ;)

On the left of the bumper you'll see our new passing horn. It makes firetrucks stand up and say "what was that noise?".. ;)

2013-01-24_21-34-53_182.jpg

Driven by a Sho-Me siren amp.

2013-01-26_16-23-36_661.jpg

Last edited:
For no reason other that it never occurred to us to install one, we've been working with no hood prop for 2 years..

Now we have one!

2013-01-26_16-23-01_676.jpg

Last edited:
Back