• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing stock class KOH XJ build

Might be a good candidate for a super 8.8

Replace a non c-clip 35 spline rear end with a c-clip 31 spline rear end?

If it was my vote, we'd be doing a spooled rear 60. Richard is leaning toward a spooled rear 9. I'd offer to arm wrestle him for it, but after watching him change our flat tire with a 10" long 3/8 ratchet (who the F didnt pack a breaker bar into our race car?!?) I know I'd lose..

I think we all need a couple of weeks downtime before we decide what is going in next. For now I want to get the ARB out and rebuilt, drop these parts into a new housing and at least get the 44 functional again.

Actually, the hex head inserts are from Parts Mike. Besides the hex head, the threads don't go through the whole insert, so no risk of thread distortion when the inserts get welded in. Well thought out product.

Actually, the hex head inserts are from Parts Mike. Besides the hex head, the threads don't go through the whole insert, so no risk of thread distortion when the inserts get welded in. Well thought out product.

I like the idea, all I've ever been able to do is weld the bastards in with an old heim in place.

i say build a trussed 40 spline 9" and be done with it, thats what i would have ran from the beginning.

If it was my vote, we'd be doing a spooled rear 60. Richard is leaning toward a spooled rear 9. I'd offer to arm wrestle him for it, but after watching him change our flat tire with a 10" long 3/8 ratchet (who the F didnt pack a breaker bar into our race car?!?) I know I'd lose..

I think we all need a couple of weeks downtime before we decide what is going in next. For now I want to get the ARB out and rebuilt, drop these parts into a new housing and at least get the 44 functional again.

Richard is right, go with the 9" or a 9" with a 10" R&P.

Why I said "super"...but if the axle you're running works for you. Not a proponent of 88's or the 44... Was under the assumption that money was an issue...if not then Jock60
:cheers:

Last edited:
Why I said "super"...but if the axle you're running works for you. Not a proponent of 88's or the 44... Was under the assumption that money was an issue...if not then Jock60
:cheers:

Super 88 is still a 31 spline rear end, though.

The desert racers out there are all pushing the 9 really hard. I'm still leaning toward the 60, but at the end of the day decisions will be made first on what is going to work the best and second what will be affordable. I'd like to go full float 5x5.5 too, but thats an extra chunk of change that I may just not have.

Why not a 14b with a shave, and then spending your $ on the alum hubs, hats, calipers and brackets and any typ large bolt pattern. Unless you want lower then 5.38 I dont see any reason not to? spool it? And you will not have a issue ever I would think? Not to mention everything but the alum outer kits, are low buck and super easy to find and replace.

Last edited:
99+ E-series D60. Twin piston calipers with internal e-brake, smooth bottom, 3.5" tubes, flange instead of yoke.

250s were c-clip semifloat with 35 spline shafts factory, while the 350s were 32-spline full float. Both are 8 x 6.5 though.

They're wide at 67.375" WMS-WMS though.

Or i could have cracker cut down an existing full float 60 housing that's sitting around, use our existing 35 spline shafts and brakes.. be done for the cost of a spool, housing ends and gears.

We'll see. I don't forsee touching it until late March. Work has a long list of projects for me they had been holding off on so that I could focus on preparing the car. I owe it to them to give 105% for a while..

Or i could have cracker cut down an existing full float 60 housing that's sitting around, use our existing 35 spline shafts and brakes.. be done for the cost of a spool, housing ends and gears.

We'll see. I don't forsee touching it until late March. Work has a long list of projects for me they had been holding off on so that I could focus on preparing the car. I owe it to them to give 105% for a while..

or you could buy an aftermarket 9" housing, use your existing shafts, and brakes, and be in it for the cost of housing ends, a spool, a third, and a housing...

or you could buy an aftermarket 9" housing, use your existing shafts, and brakes, and be in it for the cost of housing ends, a spool, a third, and a housing...

same difference.. not a 14 bolt. :)

:thumbup: I know exactly how that is.

You guy's did fantastic for the amount of time and resources you had. The hard work will payoff in the end for sure.

Back