• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA King of the Hammers preperations

Boy... it is not that hard guys! 1 floor jack, 1 impact gun and standard socket, and 1 wrench! :yap:

BTW, good luck getting ready. I am sure missing being there:(

Who the hell are you?

Where are you & why aren't you there?

Paul

I am here... at home... in Ventura! The economic times have hit hard at this home. Between trying to work enough to pay for life and go to class to get alot of education. Not there because of a huge lack of funds and time.
:tear: Plus, I am on a self invoked hiatus from wrenching, fabing, and what not! Learning to love some other things in life :D
Who the hell are you?
No one, I guess ;)

So.

There are two plugs for a renix TPS. A 'square' one that has source, return and ground for the TCU, and a 'flat' one that has source, return and ground for the ECU.

Does anyone want to hazard a guess at what would happen if say .. there was no source power to the ECU half of the TPS? Like maybe someone in ancient history had cut the wire right at the ECU?

For one .. a new engine with a new throttle body .. won't idle. (boy, doesnt that sound familiar)?

I'm willing to bet the air fuel mixture would be off too, especially at wide open throttle, hurting your top end.

Time will tell. I wish I had remembered to bring my JET ecu for renix up with me before we test this out. Anyone driving from LA to Bako tonight?

Boy... it is not that hard guys! 1 floor jack, 1 impact gun and standard socket, and 1 wrench! :yap:

BTW, good luck getting ready. I am sure missing being there:(

Remember, it's been under a rock buggy for a year........and it hasn't been treated very well. :D

The main problem with heat was that the exhaust pipe was pushed up and touchng the floor, so much that there was a small bulge in the floor from the pipe. Major heat transfer into the floor with the exhaust actually touching it. We cut a two foot slit in the floor, cut across one side with some slits, then pryed it away from the exhaust so the floor overlapped itself at the slit, creating 1/2"-1" clearance between the exhaust and the floor in the area where it was touching. Then we welded up the slits in the floor so the floor is intact (love welding galvanized sheet metal).

This morning Cal is looking at it to see if it's feasible to but a piece of the Airbake cookie sheet under the floor. Before the exhaust actually touched the floor, I never had a problem in that area, so we'll see. We are going to see more heat this year, we think.

It was not, it sits about 1.5" from the tranny.

I would be concerned if yours is hitting it.

Man, I'm glad to be home. Got a lot done this weekend. Cherokee's have too many damn wires.

02-12-09_1340.jpg

We made up a new winch rope for Goatman out of 5/16ths Superline, as well as a 50ft extension for him today at work. Those along with some other piece of recovery equipment are going to ship out tomorrow.

-Alex

:D :D :D

Many thanks to Masterpull, and the others who given to support the team. We feel responsible to work our butts off to make you all proud.

:repair: :repair: :repair:

:cheers:

Well, Paul was up for the day. We rebuilt both CTM u-joints in the front, the first one took a loooooong time, the second went fairly quick. We also replaced all four ball joints, both uppers and one lower were bad. The front shock mounts got some reinforcing, and I did even more clearancing of the axle yokes for sharp turning. The ball joints getting loose causes the yokes to hit, it's that close. I still need to bolt up the knuckles and install the axle shafts, and replace a couple of rod ends in the steering and track bar. Tomorrow the new skins get worked on.

Still have to apply all the new stickers when the skins get done, and replace all the bead lock bolts, and tighten every bolt on the rig and mark them.

Getting there........

:D :D :D

Many thanks to Masterpull, and the others who given to support the team. We feel responsible to work our butts off to make you all proud.

:repair: :repair: :repair:

:cheers:

:guitar: Let us know how these lines work out for you.

Richard, we'll have to figure out a time for me to get some publicity shots for them.

-----Matt-----

We are planning to take pics of the cars and team on Tuesday. Before all the new body panels get thrashed.:doh:

Pictures or videos would be great! Try not to let Goatman throw a rock at Matt while he is filming this time though.:laugh:

-Alex

Back