• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker color

And the added hassle of the wiring harness and getting the 5.0 to run in the cherokee? that's a ton of work when you can get decent power for a great price with the stroker.
It's a great idea for a non DD project. I had considered a 302 for the CJ.

Nope, the 5.0 only needs 12v+ and grounds to run. The wire harness and computer are self contained on the ones I'm looking into. Why do you think the 5.0 was and is used so much in hotrods? the 88-96 might be 95 mustang motor can be swapped in just about anything from what I have read. The only thing I have debated was the tranny to use. Weather to use a T-18 or an auto.

It's a good idea...but ultimately it's all added cost, and possibly mild fabrication with the trans mounting situation. I (despite having this relatively low mile engine die) like the 4.0. I love the 5 liter also. It's a matter of choice. I doubt I can get a v8 into my jeep and running in both the short time I have and for the price that I'm paying.

I'm with Chris on this. Stick with a stroked 4.0L.

I saw an issue I think last month. I wasn't able to get a copy of JP to read down here. I'm looking forward to it. From the build it looks like no expense was spared. Must be nice! Wonder what the longevity of that motor is. Did they say what tranny they're running behind it?

I'm with Chris on this. Stick with a stroked 4.0L.

x3 when you can build a stroker and not have to source a new trans and case, wiring and adapters, and the work to get it to sit between the rails, bolting in a built motor is a great plan.... im not looking for a desert racer i just want some more skinny pedal

I saw an issue I think last month. I wasn't able to get a copy of JP to read down here. I'm looking forward to it. From the build it looks like no expense was spared. Must be nice! Wonder what the longevity of that motor is. Did they say what tranny they're running behind it?

yeh i dont think expense was an issue, they just wanted to build the biggest badassed 4.0L and originally they just wanted to hit 600hp but ended up with 693 and said that if they pushed it to its limits with boost, prolly 800hp but all of that is at the crank with no tranny on a engine dyno machine,

and i dont think they have said what tranny they are going to mate it up to or if they are even going to put it in a jeep... right now its all about the motor and what they can do with it.

yeh i dont think expense was an issue, they just wanted to build the biggest badassed 4.0L and originally they just wanted to hit 600hp but ended up with 693 and said that if they pushed it to its limits with boost, prolly 800hp but all of that is at the crank with no tranny on a engine dyno machine,

and i dont think they have said what tranny they are going to mate it up to or if they are even going to put it in a jeep... right now its all about the motor and what they can do with it.

a fresh aw4 would hold under that power, i say fresh as in rebuilt/new but the a-dub is the same trans that rides behind 2jz supra motors

as far as american transmissions a built th350 might hold it, a powerglide definently but then it would be a drag only vehicle

The smile would be incredible driving a 500+ hp cherokee. You could mess with so many hot rodded cars it's not funny. Probably have a very limited timeframe on license retention though.

you don't have to worry about over spray.....

file.php

Last edited:
I think the only one that didn't see the yellow is the one in Daves TJ.

I painted mine with the "Chrysler Industrial Red" 1200deg engine enamel they sell at the parts stores. I did not paint it as a unit though, I did the block, head and VC while disassembled.

I like jeeps. lol.

I must not have gotten the most recent JP yet. The last issue I got had the initial tests with only partial boost and they got like 558 HP I think. It wasn't at the 600 mark yet. Thanks for spilling th beans blake! Gah!

J-k

Anyway, I have been reading a lot in that article and online,when I have time and it seems that Chris's new engine should be pretty sweet!

Back