• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

...sorry...another build thread...

It doesn't look like that bumper hangs down any farther than the stock one and your's looked cherry!!jk You will just scrub or bounce over whatever you are climbing. My aluminum Bumper is getting adjusted a little at a time.

I'm going to miss that 5$ brush guard too!!:)

I dig the bumper. How much was that again?
You really going to wheel that thing with a vice bolted on the front permanently? That seems like more unwanted weight for the front and a rattling vice...I hate rattles. Maybe rig up something that slides into a hitch receiver so it's quickly removable...?

its gonna be a smaller vice like the one on my work bench. itll add like maybe 10 pounds max. ill restrain it somehow. the bumper was 270$ shipped +25 for mounting hardware

so i finished up the new tcase install last night after work. weds night i pulled the belly pan and long arms( a big pain in the a$$)

and got everything off, and threw the new case on and had it all bolted up weds night after work - except for the actual arms themselves. i had trouble like always with the pinion kicking up when i was trying to roll the axle back to hook up the uppers, then lowers. i ended up jacking the jeep up and threw the frame on jack stands and then threw the front end on a floor jack and was able to push it back without the weight of the vehicle on it and without the pinion kicking up.

pulling the belly pan
P1010742.jpg

P1010741.jpg

P1010747.jpg

P1010745.jpg

drove it to work and back today, so far so good.
P1010750.jpg

the leaky HnT

P1010744.jpg

Looks good, When are you going to bring it up & wheel it in Ree-Noo....

ya i want to start wheeling near reno . lets plan something soon.

its just a stock case with a HD sye kit.
i took it to manual transmission warehouse downtown here.
they replaced all the seals and a bad shift fork and said all the internals looked great otherwise.
it was a ton of work cuz of the belly pan,but it was worth it.

Nice Job Bro. Your rig is definitely a good trail rig. It was nice meeting you the other day. I appreciate the muffler and pitman arm. I got the muffler welded up today. If you go wheeling around here hit me up.

ripped out hood latch stuff and installed hood pins and mounted a bottle opener to the front bumper.

i recently bought a yj 30 and pulled the lockright and sold the housing with 4.88s( and took the chromo shafts for my junk)

working out a deal with a good friend on getting him some cheap axles , he currently has a manual with 3.07s open/open
installed the lockright in a 3.55s front(with ABS shafts)

bought josejalapenos d35 and pulled the lockright and sold the housing with 4.88s
installed the locker in the d35 with 3.55s

then got a deal going.
sold my d44 with al the works and my spare d30 with 4.88s open to darren a ZJ owner(alexs freind) in san jose.
had worked out a big deal with anotehr guy in san jose to buy a set of 4.10 geared axles for cheap.
darren grabbed the axles for me on his way up here to grab the other axles.
then i pulled the carriers/lockers from the 3.55 axles and threw them in the 4.10 geared axles.

thats one of the things ive been up to lately.

also getting a lincoln sp135 mig welder today as well. cant wait to put a cage in and some boat sides.

the 4.10 locked/front rear are going to my freind with the 3.07s open axles. he is only runnign 31s.

picked up a lincoln sp135 yesterday and a a chop used from Rob707.

going to be cutting out the rockers and welding up some 2x6,
welding up a 10 pt cage (ordering it next week for 430$ shipped from S & W race cars),
welding up a rear bumper,
LCA skids
grab some heims DOM etc and ream out the knuckles for a UTK tie rod(.250 wall DOM)
and OTK drag link,
and ill be cutting off the sway bars and moving the trackbar up to reduce the roll center
i believe between moving the trackbar mount up and making longer both the tie rod and drag links ill have probaly better steering than current with no sway bars, but we will see.

ill also be building a rear tail gate as well...

damn jon, thats a lot to look forward too. Cant wait to see the build. keep us posted.

called ruffstuff for heims and bungs and misalignment spacers.
called team tube in west sac for the DOM.
priced out .250 wall 1.5" DOM at 7.29 ft whcih is good, and .120 wall 1.5" DOM at 3.79 ft, way cheaper than ruffstuffs DOM.
i think ruffstuffs panhard bar is like 20-40$ range.
im going to make all the steering .250 wall 1.5" and make trail spares in 1.5" .120 wall

sup turbo... glad your taking the first step into caging it. I looked at those cages before i hacked together a used one, now have buyers remorse and wished i went with sw... Good luck and let me know if you need a hand.

havent measured but i know ill need around 5 ft or so for each rocker panel:

priced out 2x6 and 2x4 today from S &K:
2x6 .120 wall 6.55/ft
2x6 .250 wall 12.05 /ft

to finish up the rear bumper:
2x4 .120 wall 5.50 /ft
2x4 .250 wall 9.12 /ft

i figure the angle iron etc will be cheap.
plus they let you look through the remnants and those are way cheaper for random
peices.

they dont carry DOM but can order it and have it within a day

Back