• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow in high country?

NoCoastFocus

NAXJA Forum User
I am not to sure so I thought I'd ask.

Does anyone know if there is still snow up near Bear Valley. I wanna run Slick Rock and Deer Valley in a couple weeks. A little snow is fine, but I am taking some newbie's (3 stock wranglers) and I would like it to be as easy as possible.

A buddy just sent me this:
http://www.bearvalley.com/basecam.html

I'm headed up there this weekend and will give a report for wherever we end up. There is generally still deep snow at this time of the year. In the past few years there has always been more than 3 feet or so on the following trails in early May: Corral Hollow, Deer Valley, Slickrock, and some easy trail that starts on the road to Bear Valley. We'll probably go inspect a few of those this weekend.

Last edited:
A buddy just sent me this:
http://www.bearvalley.com/basecam.html

I'm headed up there this weekend and will give a report for wherever we end up. There is generally still deep snow at this time of the year. In the past few years there has always been more than 3 feet or so on the following trails in early May: Corral Hollow, Deer Valley, Slickrock, and some easy trail that starts on the road to Bear Valley. We'll probably go inspect a few of those this weekend.

Dayum, it is snowing like crazy up there. I think I will have to wait until June now. Thanks!

It is snowing in Reno now, I cant wait for summer to start.

Call Lonnie at the hathaway pines ranger station to check and see what is open (209) 795-1381. As of last week slickrock and spicer rd are closed. A few guys on pirate got ticketed ($175.00) for being on slickrock.

Last edited:
i know it snowed in twain harte within the last few days.
ive hit snow in july on slickrock.

Snow report from this past weekend. There is deep snow (greater than 3-4 feet deep) even at 5300 feet on logging roads. We didn't go very high but snow levels at Bear Valley and higher must be pretty significant. Hwy 4 pass is still closed.

I am going camping on the north side of bear valley this weekend between bear reservoir and silver lake off of Hwy 88 No wheel'n just fish'n and relaxing leaving the XJ in the garage I will give a weather report when I get home in less its to late when I get home:patriot:

just got home from Mokulumme camp ground off Hwy 88 @ the 6200 elev. Snowed, Rained cold windy 31-32 degrees @ night maybe 50 durning the day still a lot of snow @ the top of 88 but slight dusting @ river level still excpecting more weather to move in Cant wait to see how Deer valley weather is going to be in July "Globle warming my ass" AL GORE SUCKS

Back