• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest?

Hey ya'all: I hav enot been very active on the board lately because I have been absolutely SALAMMED at work and at home. By the time I get some time I just want to go to bed. Sorry for being such a slacker, I know a lot of you are looking forward to this run and need a date to request vacation time and so on. I promise I will have more info by the end of next week and we will get this party started.

~Mark

Nope not wrong.

However, would it be ok with everyone if the run was moved to the week of July 12th? Would that still work you guys?

On another note:
There is a rumor going around my work that we might be shut down the entire 4th of July week and we will probably shut down for a week around Christmas. That will come to 56 hours of vacation and as of right now I only have 60 hours vacation. If we do not shut down for 4th of July week I should be ok, if we don't, I am hosed. SO... that means there is a small chance I will not be able to take the Wednesday & Thursday off as I had hoped for SierraFest.

As a group we have a couple of options:
1. Keep SierraFest to Wednesday thru Sunday and someone take the lead for Wednesday & Thursdays runs.
2. We cut the trip down to runs on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

Again - Sorry for not having more info up sooner. I have been beyond slammed.

Thanks,
Mark

Looks like I better get the lift, axles and 33's on my stocker. :)

I'm in, wife and I are lookin forward to meeting everyone! post some concrete dates so we can schedule our time off. Usually we go to Rubi around the first week of july. Lookin forward to the new trails. Also if you could mention if were gonna braek camp everynite, so I know wether or not to pack the kitchen sink. Also my ride isn't street legal, so I'll need A safe place to park the truck an trlr.

I am also in for this year, I just need some dates so i can get the days off.

I will be there with Ericsxj and JoseJalapeno representing Reno!

The run will definitely be Wednesday July 21st thru Sunday July 25th. Base camp will be at Dinkey Creek, off of highway 4 near Lake Alpine. Saturday night will be the Dinner and Raflle. Maybe we can have a potluck on Thursday or Friday Night?

As of right now, the runs for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are open. We can take a vote as we get closer to the date to see what other trails we want to run and if they are over nighters. We are going to run Deer Valley on Saturday and Slick Rock on Sunday, both of these runs will be day runs. I probably won't be able to do an over nighter at any of the other trails because I will need to stay with the loot at Dinkey Creek.

That's about it for now :) This should be a kick ass run.

I will post up more details as we get closer.

If you have any quetions hit me up.

~Mark

Anyone from the Fresno area going? I am trying to get my stuff done so I can attend. I still haven't ran a naxja event and would like to make this one.

HOLY S*&# - hahaha Why in the hell did I say Dinkey Creek????

CORRECTION - Camping will be at Hernit Valley Campground.

Josh,
Thanks for catching this - I have no idea where my head was.

I assume you mean Hermit Campground at the Deer Valley trailhead. Let me know what I can do to help. Should be fun!

Josh

CORRECTION: Camping will be at Hermit Valley NOT Dinkey Creek. Two completely different reas - hahaha

Sorry about that folks....

The run will definitely be Wednesday July 21st thru Sunday July 25th. Base camp will be at Dinkey Creek, off of highway 4 near Lake Alpine. Saturday night will be the Dinner and Raflle. Maybe we can have a potluck on Thursday or Friday Night?

As of right now, the runs for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are open. We can take a vote as we get closer to the date to see what other trails we want to run and if they are over nighters. We are going to run Deer Valley on Saturday and Slick Rock on Sunday, both of these runs will be day runs. I probably won't be able to do an over nighter at any of the other trails because I will need to stay with the loot at Dinkey Creek.

That's about it for now :) This should be a kick ass run.

I will post up more details as we get closer.

If you have any quetions hit me up.

~Mark

Back