• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest?

So.. maybe an official thread on when/where this thing is being held?!

So.. maybe an official thread on when/where this thing is being held?!

To quickly answer your question.

We are meeting the first day, Wed July 21 on the Highway 50 trailhead for Strawberry.

We will be camping every night at Hermit Valley Campground off Highway 4 near Lake Alpine. So if you plan on meeting up after Wed then we will be at Hermit.

Wed July 21, Strawberry Pass
Thurs July 22, Barney Riley Trail
Friday July 23, Corral Hollow
Sat July 24, Deer Valley
Sun July 25, Slick Rock

There is also a Slick Rock night run floating around proposed for Friday night but not finalized yet, as far as I know.

Josh

Last edited:
what time at strawberry pass?

what time at strawberry pass?

I would say get there before 10am:

This run is open to Newbie's and the more Seasoned Wheelers. If you are a Newby, do not worry, I or someone in the group are more than willing to spot when and where ever you need it.

When: Wednesday July21st
Where: Strawberry Pass OHV Trail - HIGHWAY 50 Side.
Departure Time: 10:30am
Trail Details: The trail is approximately 10 miles (one way) and should take about three hours. Once we get to Highway 88 near Kirkwood it is only an hour drive to Hermit Campground, where we will camp for the entire trip.

More Trail Details:
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=9

Minimum Requirements:
1. 3" of lift
2. 31's (all terrains or muds)
3. Front & Rear Tow Points

Good to have (but not required):
1. Rocker Protection
2. Locker ('s)

was that posted earlier in this thread and I didn't notice? or is that from somewhere else?

Hah, totally did not realize that those were links! thanks Dave

Alright, it looks like I got the OK from the Wifey, (shaved beard as deal)
Now to get A LOT of stuff done before trip.
Fix a few leaks VC,Oil Filter, TC, plate frame rails w/3/16"x3" angle iron, possibly rocker replacement, check rear brakes & replace rear axle seal,change fluids F&R diff trans & PS, buy diff covers, check front axle u-joints, check rear leaf springs, and finally get CB hooked up.

But before all that I need to finish helping buddy with his ZJ 5.5" LA, SYE, frame rail plating, RMS, VC, O.F. adapter, trans input seal, and motor mount

All the while going to Kansas for a week.

Last edited:
What is the gas situation like? Now I am contemplating doing all of these runs, and not just the Strawberry, Deer Valley, and Slick Rock runs. Also, that's a lot of beer to haul. Stores near the campsite?

What is the gas situation like? Now I am contemplating doing all of these runs, and not just the Strawberry, Deer Valley, and Slick Rock runs. Also, that's a lot of beer to haul. Stores near the campsite?

Bear Valley is about 12 miles from camp and the general store at lake alpine is about 9 in the same direction.

Josh

Crap, new job I'm out.

Rightseatsis and I discussed at Father's Day lunch. We're in Fr-SU, but which stock ride will we be bringing?

one week and 5 days for the early birds! (like me :) )

is there a thread or link to the overall plan of attack?
i guess i am wondering if there is a central campsite that we will stay at & just take day trips, or do we breakdown camp every day? :spin1:

Back