• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2015 Information and discussion thread

Not to put this on you or anyone in particular, but the Sierra Chapter runs are very much a family friendly event. I will be bringing a young kid with me, as will other members. If anyone's idea of a fun weekend includes loud music blaring in the campsite all day and all night, hard partying until 3 AM, or any sort of drunken shenanigans then this isn't the run for you. We as a chapter have a very low tolerance for this sort of behavior. Simply having your own campfire at the other side of the campsite does not exclude you from these rules. The Grouse Lake camping area isn't that big and noise carries pretty far around there. This trip is a vacation for most, if not all, of our members and their (our) right to have a quiet and relaxing trip to the lake should not be infringed upon.

X2

Grouse Lake

That was a good trip...
medium800.jpg

I wish that I was up at Grouse Lake right now, drinking a hotty toddy and throwing darts. **** work.

Here is a map of Swamp I made a few years ago:

Swamp2010_zps717147fb.jpg

If you see any issues with it, talk to Ben H. I stole it from him!

Also is this just for Red Letter Names?
Can anyone go, friends of friends?
Do I have to bring my own Monkey?

Last edited:
IF Anyone Needs A Serious answer

Also is this just for Red Letter Names? No
Can anyone go, friends of friends?Yes As Long As They Are Not In Letterman's Gene pool
Do I have to bring my own Monkey?No But The Monkey Should Bring You

Last edited:
On his way to Mexico, Filarski missed his exit and wound up in Fresno

That dude was awesome. I remember on the way out, he frickn FLEW through the dirt road and had a beer almost pounded by the time I caught up to him - LOL

I'll post some pix when I get on my other computer.

As BC mentioned, HWY 168 is 4 lanes and is a solid, steep incline. Then it goes down to 2 lanes and gets windy but not quite as steep. If you are concerned about towing, it is not as steep as Ebbott's Pass on HWY 4 so most tow rigs should be ok.

OH YEAH - COUNT ME IN!!!!

Back