• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2009 Trip Report

A Goat on a Rooster?
DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

A Goat and a Eric on a Rooster:
DSC_0235.jpg

National Drivetrain's Jeep Speed Rig play'in on the rocks:
DSC_0237.jpg

Goatman with a DMV-test-style 3-point-turn on the side of Rooster Rock:
DSC_0245.jpg

Ben H. cut a tire:
DSC_0327.jpg

Jes watch'in him change it out:
DSC_0336.jpg

Richard looking at Ben working:
DSC_0337.jpg

If your not sweat'in your not work'in:
DSC_0339.jpg

Nikki looking at the views of the valley:
DSC_0342.jpg

Ben H. about to get a "Push" from Bryan C.:
DSC_0347.jpg

Bryan C. flex'in his tie rod:
DSC_0352.jpg

Found a nice line
DSC_0379.jpg

Flex'in his tire Tread
DSC_0380.jpg

Great trip everyone. Got to do some night wheeling, some night wrenching, and plenty of hanging out with some great people. Thanks to Richard for leading the Bald Mtn run on Sunday. Swamp was a fun trail wheel with some really great views along the way.

Got a few pics before the battery died, they are still on the memory card in the camera.

Big thanks goes out to Ben H., XJ ranger, and Phil for the dinner on Saturday night.

I also want to thank the members and guests were very generous with buying t-shirts, dinner, and raffle tickets. Your donations will help keep trails in our area open for everyone.

I also want to thank the members and guests were very generous with buying t-shirts, dinner, and raffle tickets. Your donations will help keep trails in our area open for everyone.

I'd like to echo this - Thanks everyone!

I wish I could have been there! (And given Dave a new chair)

Good times!
Just got back yesterday afternoon.
Bald Mountain and Brewer were good times as well!

Yeah, had a good time on Bald Mtn, sorry so many of you guys bailed. Jes and I went to Brewer Lake, very nice lake and campsite, we were very glad to be there. Went on a nice hike on Mon to the top of the ridge and saw another lake and great views all around.

Good times. :cheers:

A big thank you to all that came. It was great meeting some new faces and friends. Thanks to all that supported the chapter by participating in Saturday night's activities. One of the better events I've been to. Here are some of the pictures I took. Grouse Lake did not disappoint in the sunset department again this year....

DSCF1290.jpg

DSCF1281.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1307.jpg

OK - now that I have some more time.

First I wanted to say what an awesome time I had. Dave, BC, Jes, Rich and Jack - it's always great to see you guys.

Eric, John, Clayton - It was great to meet you guys.

Ben - Great job organizing the run this year and kick ass food eh :) The Raffle was a blast. Can't wait to get my stiffeners from TnT.......

It was fun wheelin out with John, Clayton, Ed, Loren, Aaron and Ben.

Rich:
Sorry we bailed on Bald Mt. on Sunday. Once Sunday rolls around I am pretty much ready to head home and see the family. Every year I say "yeah, I am gonna wheel Bald on Sunday" and every year I bail.

Lookin' forward to next year.

BTW: Nobody in my group had a camera so unfortuantely we don't have any pix to share.

If you go ahead and run Bald Mtn one of these times, you'll end up being glad you did. :)

I think so, it has the same muffler for a rocker on the drivers side. Only the one in the ad dose not have a front drive shaft haging off of it.

Back