• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest '07

Re: Sierra Fest 07'

I would love to make one of these runs. It would probably have to be only a weekend though, because I need to make $ for London in the Fall.

Boatwrench said:
Dates are locked for 8/5 through 8/12?

Need to get a vacation request in. Thanks.
Tom

Goatman said:
Dates are firm, so reserve your vacation. Some specifics still need to be worked out and full details will be announced in due time.

Scrappy said:
Yeaup! These date WILL NOT be changing!!!! Mark your calander now and tell your boss that your gone that week!

:)

Scrappy said:
Mark your calander now and tell your boss that your gone that week!

Easy for you to say.

Think I'll still have a job when I get back? :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Easy for you to say.

Think I'll still have a job when I get back? :D

--ron

You make me sick:D

Im going to try and make the entire week. See if I can get my dad to come as well.

How hard is it to get gas? For some reason last summer I almost ran out of gas on the 'con. I saw goatman mention gas cans, so I might have to invest in a couple.
What do people do about food? Now that Im not a newb, I might be able to pack less crap in.

Starboard M said:
Im going to try and make the entire week. See if I can get my dad to come as well.

How hard is it to get gas? For some reason last summer I almost ran out of gas on the 'con. I saw goatman mention gas cans, so I might have to invest in a couple.
What do people do about food? Now that Im not a newb, I might be able to pack less crap in.

You can run Dusy or Red Lake/Coyote Lake with no issues regarding gas. However, since we're going to run those trails plus run Swamp Lake, Bald Mtn, and Blue Canyon, folks are going to need some extra gas. However, this shouldn't be a problem, since there is gas in Shaver Lake, and we will all be coming back through Shaver Lake from either Dusy or Red/Coyote Lake on our way back to Dinkey Creek. We can easily run Swamp Lake on Fri and Bald Mtn on Sat after a fill up in Shaver. There is gas in Dinkey Creek, so anyone who feels more comfortable topping off before running dusy will be a ble to do so, or bring an extra 5 gal can.

The current plan is for us to provide dinner on Sunday night and on the last Sat night. I imagine we'll do a pot luck one night on the trail. The rest of the meals are up to you. If you use block ice, and manage it properly, you can make it last a week, I do it all the time. Start with a good ice chest, use at least two blocks of ice, fill in around your food with cubed ice, keep the lid closed except for quickly getting into the chest to get stuff out, keep it out of the sun, don't add anything to cool down (drinks, water, etc,), it all needs to fit into the ice chest at the beginning, and drain the water out of the bottom at least once a day. I've never had trouble keeping two blocks of ice through the week doing this.......at least there was ice left for the little food that was left.

hey mr richard. sounds like a great trip. the "not swamp lake "trip last year was a great time i think i did bald mtn and red lake. i would like to check out the dusy and was wondering if you will be having a vehicle limit to minimize those long trail waits for lots of rigs? i am going to put in for my vacation soon!

I just got the days off so unless something goes wrong, I'll be there. Will probably come in on Sunday afternoon/evening and then want to take the Dusy trail. Will have to leave on Thursday to get back in time for work on Friday. I've never been on a coordinated run like this so if there's something I can do or prepare for I'm open to suggestions (PM me). Also, if there's anything I can bring or do to help, let me know. Also, where do I go to meet up on Sunday? Thanks! Kevin

NoCoastFocus said:
I am gonna try and make it the last weekend. What is the temp like on most of these trails?

Rained all weekend a few years ago and was cold. Usually it's right around 80 degrees during the day and chilly at night.

I'll be coming up on the 5th and staying the entire week.
As of tomorrow my jeep will be locked front and rear. I have spare driveshafts, spare axle shafts front and rear. I'll be pickin up some spare u-joints next week. This will be my first big run with NAXJA
If you guys have any suggestions i'm all ears.

luvdaxj said:
I'll be coming up on the 5th and staying the entire week.
As of tomorrow my jeep will be locked front and rear. I have spare driveshafts, spare axle shafts front and rear. I'll be pickin up some spare u-joints next week. This will be my first big run with NAXJA
If you guys have any suggestions i'm all ears.

Awesome!

Im glad you didnt sell your junk!

Sounds like your prepared - make sure you have a spare tire that is securely straped in, and wont roll down a hill... :D

im planning on being there to run on both weekends, and maybe a few weekdays - not sure on that one yet - need to ask the boss! :doh:

im gona try n make the last weekend, 9th or 10th through the 12th. Do we need spare drive shafts? and how necisary is it to have a t-case skid?

oo7ravisXJ said:
im gona try n make the last weekend, 9th or 10th through the 12th. Do we need spare drive shafts? and how necisary is it to have a t-case skid?

If you want to drive home - a T-case skid is a must...

spare shafts - that depends on what you're setting out to do...

I'll be driving up sunday the 5th. Where will everyone be camping that night? any detailed instructions would be nice as i don't know my way around there.

Back